Never reloaded

I would just go to youtube and search for "how to reload ammo". Just use that youtube info with some common sense. Also if you get a reloading manual like the Hornady or Nosler manual. They have very detailed steps in the first chapters of the books. Also a guy on youtube called ammosmith. He has some pretty good stuff on there.

Another handy tool might be a stuck case remover. This for when you forget to put enough lube on a cartridge before you run it through the die. The can get stuck and that will pretty much shut you down until you get one of the removers. Can do it with a drill and tape, etc. But the tools are inexpensive and work well. If you reload enough, you will one day get a stuck case.

Learning on your own can be done. Probably just take you a little longer to figure it out, but that in itself can be rewarding. I taught myself. I would not turn down a free lesson from a experienced reloader though, if you have that opportunity.

I just found out my mechanic is an advid reloaded and is willing to show me to help me out but keep the info comming loving it thanks again

Gary...

Give him a break, he's just starting out. He has to crawl first and he has the RCBS reloading kit (esseintials)...just say'in....

Personally, I don't think the Wilson trimmer is WAS. I'll take a Giraud or a WFT anyday. All the lathe type trimmers suffer from the same issues...runout.

will respectfully dissagree.
gary

Gary, no problem. That was an IMO, strictly, from having used personally, brand a, b and c.

Hope ypu still have your roof. I hear the wind was awful bad out your way a while ago.

Your not gonna believe this one! I was over by the Greenwood Mall, and stopped for a bite to eat. They had a TV going on in there with the local weather going bananas. Was watching this huge storm front spawning tornados over in the far western side of the state. But it was heading northeast strait for Kokomo and Muncie. Then there was another front headed right towards Columbus to the south of me. This one was going to come close to me. Where I was at, it was raining lightly with 30mph winds. I had one more stop to do, and that didn't take long. When I left the sun was out bright with the same light rain. The clouds were going nuts in three directions, and that's not good! To the north of me, I could see Indy, and it was actually black up there ( ten miles to downtown Indy). Went home (about five minutes east), and kinda hunkered down for the big storm that never came! The one to the south missed me by about six or seven miles, and the big one to the north was about the same! I watched the one to the south head northeast right behind my place, and it was so dark that I couldn't tell where the one to the north was headed. Later I heard the downtown Indy had 80 mph winds measured at the Lucas Oil Stadium. Guess both storm fronts handed off several tornados, and five minutes south of me got four or five inches of rain! But I was in that narrow sliver that missed most all of it.

really odd!
gary

Will a Forster co ax and lee collet help with bullet runout.

They are a sound design, and many guys swear by them. But you need a better seater. For that go with the Forster. I do several tight neck chambers, and for that they just don't fit the bill. You probably want to run the use of the collet dies with guys that use them all the time on here. I'm still learning to use them. The only seater I've found better than the Forster is a Wilson inline die used in an arbor press. I personally have had better luck with the Forster full length sizer than the others. But a Redding would have done just as well at full length sizing.

If you do decide to use the collet die in the Co-Ax press, you want to replace the Lee rings with the ones made by Forster, or Lyman. They fit the slots better.
gary

the Lee collet dies work really good when I seat a bullet just deep enough to hold it in the neck. So far out that in most rifles they wont fit in the mag. As the bullet is chambered it contacts the rifleing and the seating is finished as the bolt is closed.
At least this is how they work best in my Sav 111 7mmrm and my TC contender 3030win.

the Lee collet dies work really good when I seat a bullet just deep enough to hold it in the neck. So far out that in most rifles they wont fit in the mag. As the bullet is chambered it contacts the rifleing and the seating is finished as the bolt is closed.
At least this is how they work best in my Sav 111 7mmrm and my TC contender 3030win.

be carefull with the T/C, as they don't like a lot of chamber pressure. The G2 is another story
gary

Look up folks like Sam Millard/Panhandle Precision and Eric Cortina on YouTube. There are other good ones and some not so good ones out there but those two are good to go. I like Sam Millard, seems like a really good guy, straight info. In my opinion. Go slow, pay attention to every step.

Last edited:
Upstate NY…….Consider a Redding Kit, top notch stuff and "local".

IMO stay off the internet, you'll go into information overload. Get a book and read it, especially the front sections regarding principles of cartridge loading and what makes pressure. Make your 1st load exactly like a start load in the book, shoot it and get some understanding and confidence. Move on from there.

Don't let your mentor get you out over your skis, experienced loaders have a tendency to jump ahead as they have been there and done that, I don't recommend that approach, take your baby steps, start at the start.

Personally I like the Hornady and Speer books for beginners, but they are all good, helpful, and essential.