Nevada Hunter

Gregory Duerr

Cant tell you how much ive received from this forum. Kind of walked into the idea of long range shooting with a lot of mixed emotions. Have learned a lot from so many on this sight.
I have been working as a Range Safety Officer at the shooting range outside of Reno. Have seen a lot of very talented Long Range shooters there but as we tell so many that shoot there , you cant take that shooting bench with you into the field. We recommend lots of shooting in the field in the mts hiking around.
With Big Game Tags out lots of people showing up with brand new 300 RUM's and 300 Win. Mags. Very few reloaders. One shooter with a brand new Weatherby Mark V 300 Weatherby Mag showed me the cost for one box of Weatherby shells $98.............Lot of people drawing Cow Elk tags and buying new heavy Mags. One gal shot her 300 WM three times and was done could not handle the recoil and is having a break put on it. I asked her what rifle she uses for Deer and she said .270 I told her to use that, her reply was NO, my husband said I need a 300 M for elk.......................

Oh, well I need to keep my mouth shut.......................

Welcome to the forum! Long range shooting is fun. Long range hunting -- well, you better know your limitations under field conditions.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.