Nevada Bull

Just took my first Bull 2 days ago here in Nevada. Tough conditions and lack of elk was making it rough. What elk we could spot were high around 9000ft. This bull showed up out of nowhere hanging out with some horses, and I was able to make it happen. It was one hell of a pack out with just me and my dad in the dark at 8°F, so grateful and a hunt Ill never forget.

(6.5x284 with 140 Berger VLDs)

View attachment 224861View attachment 224862
Congrats to you. Nice Bull.
You NEVER forget the first one,
and to top it off, you filled the freezer and Pops helped.
Great memories never die.

Just took my first Bull 2 days ago here in Nevada. Tough conditions and lack of elk was making it rough. What elk we could spot were high around 9000ft. This bull showed up out of nowhere hanging out with some horses, and I was able to make it happen. It was one hell of a pack out with just me and my dad in the dark at 8°F, so grateful and a hunt Ill never forget.

Nice

Am envious! Congrats!

I was on a wild fire close to there a couple years ago. Goshute Cave WF. Found some great sheds up in the hills

Very nice, there are some amazing bulls in that country. The biggest bull I've ever seen we found in September scouting 7x7 that was in that 380-390 range maybe even the magical 400 mark.

Awesome! what a great experience with your Dad, those memories will last for generations :) Well done!

Good job,

The nevada drawing system.... I've put in for nevada elk for 22 years now without a draw. supposedly lots of points. Duck is up to 6 years and antelope is at 9 years. I end up going out of state.
I drew a Nv bull tag this year with only 6 points in 072-074 first choice. My wife drew the same tag this year with only 3 points. It's all BS luck of the draw, the current "bonus point" system doesn't work like the old "preference point" system.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.