Nepal Himalayan Blue Sheep March 2022

What an amazing accomplishment. If I can go to the bathroom when I get up and take a leak without hitting my feet, it's an amazing accomplishment for me. I envy you but glad you were able to go do it. Thanks for letting us relive your trip!

This is an adventure and experience only a few will have. I'm very fortunate and humble to have been one of them. I knew I had to do this before I got any older. 65 is much different than when I was 45
smile

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Thanks for reading and sharing my adventure.

CHEERS!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Listed are some of my gear. Nothing failed.

My rifle is a Proof Research Terminus in .300WM shooting a Berger 185gr Classic Hunter bullet at 3195fps with H1000. I mount a small Harris BiPod on it.

Scope is Swarovski x5i 5-25x56mm. I have a ballistic tape strip with actual distance on the turret for quick setting after ranging.

Binoculars for this hunt were Leica 10x25 for weight reduction.

Kahles Helia LRF 7x25 worked great to give me proper angle compensation setting

Lowa boots were perfect. Trekking poles are a must have.

I'm not a big camo guy so I use Burton GoreTex shell jacket and pants. Icebreaker Merino base layers. Mountain Hardwear puffy jacket & vest. Alpaca/Merino wool socks.

Tingley EVO Airlight low boots for camp wear

Western Mountaineering Puma GWS -25F sleeping bag (Love it!) Klymit Short air mattress with short Therm-a-rest pad.

Cabela's Large Dry Duffle bag

ACETAZOLAMIDE (Diamox) for Altitude Sickness prevention with no side effects

Items taken but not used: (Weather was warm with minimal breeze but it did snow/rain the last night which melted quickly)

ZOLEO Satellite communicator for emergencies

Black Diamond crampons & ice axe

Wiggy's overboot waders

La Sportiva Nepal Cube GTX boots

Oakley Ski Goggles

GoreTex down mittens

Fleece neck scarf

Suggestions:

USE MORE SUNSCREEN I'm pealing and didn't realize how intense the sun was at altitude. Didn't seem bad at the time. I use SPF lip balm all the time yet still burned.

I put all my clothes in plastic bags inside my duffle to prevent possibility of getting wet. Moisture management is very important

BE PREPARED FOR DELAYS! It took 5 days to get the rifle permits from Nepal Customs and Forestry Minister after I arrived. There might be 25 total hunters who come to Nepal in a year. There are only 18 Blue sheep permits and 14 Tahr permits issued annually. Firearms are not common coming into and exiting Nepal.
The Airport police gave us a very difficult time over the trophies after the chopper flight from Dhorpatan. I think my outfitter had to bribe them to let us go even with all proper documents. I really hated this happening. There is a large sign at the airport stating that they DO NOT ACCEPT BRIBES. Nepal has been the most Red Tape country that I have traveled to around the world.

Thank you so much for a fantastic story and excellent Photos. Very well done. Incredible trophy!!