NEMO OMEN 300 WM AR...Any experience?

Ddwarren

I stumbled across a NEMO arms OMEN 300 win mag AR and ended up picking it up. Has anyone had any experience with one or have any load info for an AR style 22" barrel 300 win mag?

I'd use full-length sizing dies. That's about all I know.

And aren't those supposed to be really expensive? I know NEMO has that solid titanium AR for like $100K or something crazy like that.

I am curios as to how you like this rifle, I have been strongly considering this rifle as well as possibly selling them through our premium hunting gear store. Once you get some rounds in it please write a review as it would be greatly appreciated. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pick up the rifle for??

The titanium 308 is $100K for the prototype.

The OMEN which is a 300 Win Mag with two mags retails for $5700 and you have to wait until July 2014 to get one (and that was the quickest I found anyone offering one up). I bought it from an individual NIB and paid just over $6K shipped. I already had a neighbor offer me$7K for it because he is on the waiting list and paid them $3K in advance with an agreement to purchase at $6500 in April of next year.

I was able to handle one that was on display in the Sportsmans store in Kalispell (same town as they were made) and they were sold out on their allocation until the end of 2015 but had it there as a "courtesy" from the hometown manufacturer.

I am traveling back up there next week and am trying to arrange for a tour of the factory so we will see.

I will definitely write a review and get it up here or up for Len to put in the newsletter.

The guy at sportsmans got to shoot one fresh out of the crate and said it shot a 3.25" group of 5 at 1000 yards immediately after sighting it in and getting a 20 round break in group through it. True or not, I have no idea but we are about to find out.

By the way, it feels AWESOME when you get to fondle it. Definitely more solid than any armalite or colt I have handled.

Great now I am going to be chomping at the bit! I was offered quicker delivery if I were to sign up as a dealer. Hope it performs as well for you, I will await your review. Until then I will continue tinkering with a Les Baer 6.5 Grendel Heavy Barrel AR 15, deflate a few yotes in anticipation of getting my hands on an OMEN.:D

The one I shot was a hammer shooting military Mark 248 Mod 0 (190-grain Sierra Match Kings) and MK 248 Mod 1 (220 Match Kings).

You got yourself a nice weapon!

We are sponsored by Best Of The West & they became a dealer because we wanted one. I let them keep it until the weather warmed up so we could get out to their long range shooting school. The school was a blast & woth every penny. They made their Huskemaw Blue Diamond 5-20-50 scope for it. They also did some bullet development for the Omen. You can purchase this ammo from them. Ask for Latt. 307-250-4763. We're not experienced long range shooters. We love this gun & this scope. 2 of the AFT girls had never shot a scoped rifle before & were hitting an 8" target at 1000 yards on the second shot! They warmed up at 550 & 740. Our goal is to practice for the next year & enter their Huskemaw Challenge 2015 with 2-4 AFT Girls.
About the gun - A few random feeding issues which Nemo said would go away when broke in. They said to look on feed ramp for small burr - and sand it down. We expected this on a new gun. A nitpick thing- the grip doesn't come with a butt cap. The carrying case is awesome. For those of you that live in states requiring a 10 round mag -all their mags have a #14 stamp. A10 round mag has an orange button in the base & 14 rounder is black. The retainer under the base plate that is orange has a rod facing upward only allowing 10 rounds. A .308 bullet button will work - recommend Radlock. We love this gun!!

I prefer piston operation... Since buying my LWRC M6A1 back in early 2009, I have come to love piston operated guns. The cleanliness and ever-ready functionability is what I find most appealing. No gas tubes to stop up or get gunked up. The recievers stay incredibly clean compared to a DGI operated gun. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with a DGI gun, but once you go piston and compare them side by side with a DGI gun after a couple thousand rounds, th piston gun is SO much cleaner inside.

I prefer piston operation... Since buying my LWRC M6A1 back in early 2009, I have come to love piston operated guns. The cleanliness and ever-ready functionability is what I find most appealing. No gas tubes to stop up or get gunked up. The recievers stay incredibly clean compared to a DGI operated gun. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with a DGI gun, but once you go piston and compare them side by side with a DGI gun after a couple thousand rounds, th piston gun is SO much cleaner inside.

I think we all love how clean piston driven guns are but I don't think most people will be putting a few hundred rounds downrange with these things at a time... unless they can afford to have a gun bearer that cleans the gun and holds it for them!

but seriously, if they do well on sales I'd love to see a 7 Rem Mag.

I think we all love how clean piston driven guns are but I don't think most people will be putting a few hundred rounds downrange with these things at a time... unless they can afford to have a gun bearer that cleans the gun and holds it for them!

but seriously, if they do well on sales I'd love to see a 7 Rem Mag.
They don't know me then... I'm a recoil hardened seasoned vet shooter. I've been shooting big recoiling rifles and shotguns my whole life, and loving every minute of it. Neither my .300 Ackley Mag or 7mm STW wears a brake. :D If I had the money, I'd definitely put 100+ rounds through it in a day. Which is why I'd want one in piston driven operation. Especially for animal eradication, or for thinning out the herd for animal management. The 7mm RM would be a perfect option for the NEMO, because it's slightly shorter than a .300WM, therefore you could probably attain greater accuracy from the extra room in the mag because it would allow you do play with seating depth to fully tune it for maximum accuracy.

Then again, I'm the guy who wants a EDM Windrunner in .408 Cheytac just for fun. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.