needs for reloading

Big Jakes

I am wanting to get into reloading. I can get a lee 50th anniversary kit for 110 dies for around 30 projectile and casing for 40 bucks or so and a 1lb of powder for 22 bucks. All prices are estimates. Do you think this would be good for getting going. I will be reloading .243 win and .300 win mag

That's what I started with. Some things in the kit, like the scale, got replaced fairly quick. Most I still use. Nothing fancy, but it all will load good ammunition. The only things to add to your list is a set of calipers, AT LEAST 2 RELOADING MANUALS (you will find yourself cross referncing them often) and the Lee case length trimmer for each caliber. Read the manuals and watch what you do, double checking often. Have fun and shoot safe!

The Lee press is better than most. That's the beauty of it. Great starter kit as well. Dies leave something to be desired and some of he ther tools but no doubt a great starter system. Buy it use it upgrade as needed.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.