Needing to locate bullets for elk hunt

Ericv

I am in a pickle. Looking for barnes lrx 175gn 30 cal bullets for reloading. If anyone know where I can find some, any info would be much appreciated. I know this is a shot in the dark but I'm needing to get some rounds through my rifle. Thanks in advance.

Understand you are looking for a specific item, however since reloading components are extremely difficult to find, I would look at other possibilities as suggested. I can attest to the Hammer bullets being so easy to find a load for, very accurate and devastating performance that I would sway you in that direction. Good luck on your search and hunt.

I agree with others. Just buy some readily available HAMMER bullets and you will never look back.
The Hammer Hunter bullets are generally very easy to find a good load for. I shot a bull elk with the 181gr HH bullet at just over 300yds. . Shot was a bit high but the bull was down in 10 seconds, literally.

I've got nothing against Barnes bullets and still shoot a few of them but the Hammer bullets are just a better mouse trap IMO. And they're AVAILABLE.

With Barnes being bought out a few years ago by Remington, And now Remington is going under. Hard to figure how their production was going as Remington was going down the tube. Barnes was bought out by Sierra a few months ago. If they move the operation it may take some time to get back in production.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.