Needing new rifle

THERIDDLER07SMS

I am looking to buy a new rifle.. my sendero 7mm RUM wasnt quite for me. When i come back from afghanistan i am lookin to spend top dollar on a rifle i can shoot competition with plus go hunting, moslty sitting.

I am looking at the Barret 98B, Barret .416 or another sendero. I need a caliber that i can buy match grade ammo at a retail store. I do not have a reloading set and probably wont in the near future.

Any ideas? Price is not an option but please keep it under 5 grand :D also i am lookin at a nightforce scope or leupold mark4

Last edited:
I would think .416 Barret ammo would be hard to come by retail. I however will not talk anyone out a .416 Barret if you got the means, too cool! The .338 lapua rounds are probably easier to come by, but I would not want to have to look for factory ammo for them either. I do load and, I love my Sendero, but I would trade it any day of the week and twice on Sunday for either Barret. The .416 Barrett is in a whole different league from any caliber sendero, but major overkill on North American game. Unless you need over 4500 lbs of energy at 1000 yards!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.