Needing new deer rifle! Barret a Fieldcraft 18” threaded hard to find any ideas?

albritt

I REALLY want a Barrest Fieldcraft 18" barreled . 308, realized they suspended sales so I am a day late. Has anybody seen one for sale ANYWHERE? I'm a day late but not a dollar short. I had the opportunity to handle one recently and it's in my opinion the perfect tree stand gun.

Check out Pierce Engineering and the light weight rifles we build using our titanium actions. You won't be disappointed in one of them! 👍

Watch gunbroker and rokslide classifieds, they are hard to find but they do come up. Be ready when they do

I second watching gun broker. You can pull a search up on your phone and refresh it a few times a week. If you don't need the threaded barrel, a kimber hunter might be another option to check out in a lower price range.

I second watching gun broker. You can pull a search up on your phone and refresh it a few times a week. If you don't need the threaded barrel, a kimber hunter might be another option to check out in a lower price range.
Have been watching every site I can think of, willin to pay over retail for one in the box unfired.

Kimber hunter is not offered in an 18" barrel. 18" is one of the main driving forces behind my choice. Yes I am aware of velocity deficits But that is a moot point toward my intended use for the rifle. Thanks for input guys. STILL LOOKIN!

Not trying to derail but any news on when they are going to be producing them again? They were supposed to make a lefty version but never did. You can also keep an eye out for a Nula or order a new one-- for around double the price of the feildcraft.

Not trying to derail but any news on when they are going to be producing them again? They were supposed to make a lefty version but never did. You can also keep an eye out for a Nula or order a new one-- for around double the price of the feildcraft.

My understanding is that they acquired a good sized military contract and are devoting their resources towards fulfilling it.

The fieldcraft is something that they can come back to anytime, as it's a bolt action and not likely to be subject to the next round of gun grabbing.

I have heard 2021 kicked around to resume production, but wouldn't be surprised if it's kicked further down the road.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.