Needing Help

eferry

Finally joined the forum today. I am new to the board and to long range shooting, so please bear with my ignorance...I am here to learn and ask questions.

I purchased a Remington Sendero SF2 (300 Ultra Mag) along with a Leupold VX3 4.5-14 x 50. Put M1 Windage and Elevation Turrets and swapped the reticle on it with a Leupold Dot. The purpose for the purchase of the gun and scope is that it will serve as a good all-round hunting rifle for big game hunting. Figure on shooting 200g SMK or 200g Accubonds.

I havent purchased rings/bases yet because my goal is to make sure the gun can get out to 1000 yards if needed. My 2 questions are:

1. Can this gun get out to 1000 yards with the scope that I purchased?

2. In order to get out to 1000 yards, should I consider a 20MOA base or just go with standard rings and bases?

Please advise your thoughts and opinions.
Thanks,

E:)

I may be incorrect, but I belive that in order to get to or past 1k with a scope with a 1'' tube, youll need added MOA from rings/mounts.
I dont know for sure, so take it for what its worth. But there are a bunch of guys here that do know. If you post this question in one of three threads, youll get a quick answer. 1.long range shooting 2. the basics/starting out 3.Rifles/bullets/barrels, and balistics. The reason I say post this Q, on one of those, is because not all that many folks read the member intro thread. Good luck
OH, and welcome to L/R/H

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.