Needed: lite and fast "Running Rifle"

A single shot saves .62 lbs plus mag wieght giving me a total of 5 lb 9.2 oz plus trigger and rings, but having 10+1 fire power in a 6 lb 3 oz package is tempting, I just dont like how far those AI mags stick out.

Not enough money for 2 guns.

Remy model 7 mountain rifle in any short action cal. you prefer. comes with fluted bolt and skelonotized handle. I love the bell and calrson mountain stock with full aluminum bed.

My dad has a SS long action for sale in 30-06 already had the trigger worked by magna port when they muzzle broke it.

Has anyone used a Lone Wolf Summit stock?

Lone Wolf Summit------------------------------14 oz
#3 pac-nor fluted-------------------------2 lb 6 oz
Lupuy ultralight scope 2-7x28----------------8.2 oz
Titanium Actions from X-Treme---------1 lb 4oz
Timney trigger-----------------------------------2 oz
Surgeon dbm------------------------------------6 oz
BAT Matchines scope rings-------------------2 oz

Total-----------------------------------------5 lb 10.2 oz

You can also buy a Kimber Montana with the lightweight scope and be about 6lbs 2 oz... And save a couple thousand dollars... Just a thought

You can also buy a Kimber Montana with the lightweight scope and be about 6lbs 2 oz... And save a couple thousand dollars... Just a thought

I don't know, I'm kind of interested in seeing the finished product. Sounds like a cool project. Just wish I could afford it myself.

Tank

Update,

Well things did not go as planned, money and time became more of a factor than I had hoped. I found some good deals and used some parts I already had.

Surgeon action 591/R .223 bolt face------- 2lb 2.2oz

Surgeon Tri-rail----------------------------------4oz (I put this recoil lug with rails at the 12, 3 and 6 o-clock, upside down so I can attach a bipod or hand grip to the picatinny rail, It looks funky, but it works and saved weight on the stock by not needing a forend.)

Krieger barrel #3 fluted------------------------2lb 6oz

Timney trigger-----------------------------------2oz

*THE HEAVY PART*
Mcree Precision Stock--------------------------1lb 12oz ( I pulled off the forend, the adjustable collapsable rear stock, and the pistol grip. I put on an AR butt stock adaptor, very light weight AR stock, and stuby carbon fiber pistol grip.

Total weight so far-------------------------------6lb 6.2oz

No rings or scope yet. No pictures yet, the action and barrel are at GAP rifles being smithed for the next 3 to 4 mounths.

In the future I plan to put an ultra light stock on, Lone Wolf, Manners, or McMillan Bros.

You can go ADL style and your mag is built in , no bottom metal. I have a Lone wolf summit, couple of them. Mine are more like 20+ oz. But he has made differenT stuff, he had a 10 OZ, STOCK ON A ULTRALIGHT BUILD

No! I'm 72 years old and learned about 65 years ago that running and shooting don't go together so I drive to my range...get out real slow and that way....I can hit what I shoot at! And I don't hunt elk with track shoes on either! I let those still wet behind the ears do the running and they usually are pretty successful in pushing a nice bull over me....while I'm sitting....drinking coffee and eating roast beef sandwiches!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts