NEED well recommended Gunsmith in PA

crowsnest2002

Just wondering if any of you PA folk have some good recommendations for gunsmiths. I have a mauser action that I would like to send off to be barreled. I have barrel, chamber reamer, and go/no go gauges, and action. I just need someone to do the work. Basically I'm just looking for someone with a lathe that is willing to use all my stuff and only charge for time vested. I'll sign off on the use of my reamer and such because I know how particular some smiths are with using other peoples tools. Please offer input if you can.

I've referred people to Bob Green in York, PA, and they've been very pleased with the results. His turn around time has been very good as well.

Fitch

Just wondering if any of you PA folk have some good recommendations for gunsmiths. I have a mauser action that I would like to send off to be barreled. I have barrel, chamber reamer, and go/no go gauges, and action. I just need someone to do the work. Basically I'm just looking for someone with a lathe that is willing to use all my stuff and only charge for time vested. I'll sign off on the use of my reamer and such because I know how particular some smiths are with using other peoples tools. Please offer input if you can.

Dave Bruno. He's the man. Dayton, PA:

[email protected]

Do a search on this site for Kevin Cram of Montour County Rifles. He's a sponsor on this site so you should have no problem finding lots of feedback on him. He's built one rifle for me in the past and his work is top notch.

Montour County Rifles

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.