need T3 7MM Rem mag proven loads

FURMAN

I am looking for mag length loads for Tikka T3s in 7MM Rem mag. Only interested in H4831, H1000, or Retumbo with a 162 Hornady, 168 Berger, or 180 Berger. According to Hodgdon the 180s are just as fast so I would be interested in any data on that as well. All else being equal I would rather shoot the ELDs because of the price.

With the 162's and 168 bergers. Retumbo. 73 grns. Work up to this !!! H1000. 70- 70.5. Again work up to this load and watch for pressure.

Velocity out of a 24" tube is around 3035... Groups I've shot have been from .3 - .5. Somedays a bit more.

Do you think the Retumbo is more accurate? Are the Bergers or the Hornadys more accurate in your rifle?

I think they are both as accurate. Retumbo was getting me a bit more speed and lower ES. But haven't got enough testing in yet. The gun that I'm working on now is getting bedded right now and when I get it back I'll be doing more.

I appreciate the info. Are the 168 and the 162s getting the same velocity? I don't currently have any and I can't find info on the 162 elds as far as bearing surface. I like the price of the Hornadys but if they are getting if they are the same speed as the Bergers i'll go with the Bergers for the extra energy.

I honestly haven't done enough in depth testing comparing the 2. I don't think the 6 grns difference in bullets weight is going to be anything noticeable for more energy. Especially if you get more speed out the the ELDX's. Hard to say what your rifle is gonna like better when you get out to longer distances. I'm going to be doing more extensive testing as soon as I get this gun back from the smith. I'll try to report back to you.

Sounds good. I think the bearing surfaces are going to be about the same so I'm guessing the speeds will be the same. I'll run a ladder with the elds and see what I get. I'll report back and look forward to your further testing. I'll be very busy the next couple months so I'll see what I can do.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.