Need Spotting Scope Help Before Purchase

Well Grubby you need to remember one important thing when hunting long range, regardless as to where that might be.
We dont get to choose anything like we do while dreaming about it sitting in our lazyboy.
You will either adjust to whatever presents itself or you wont.
Its just that simple.
And the equipment you take along will either help you in doing that or it wont as well.
I'm not quite sure what your comment about sitting on a lazyboy is supposed to mean. I of course would love to own all Swarovski binos and scopes, I can't afford them. I have good binos, not the best. I want a spotting scope…good, not the best to help me at the range and hunting. Even if I don't buy a scope this year, I will be in Wyoming in the fall hunting elk. It will not be my first time out west hunting or hiking in the mountains. I appreciate all helpful comments and suggestions as I am better "focused," pun intended on what I can and should be spending my limited resources on.

grub

I'm not quite sure what your comment about sitting on a lazyboy is supposed to mean. I of course would love to own all Swarovski binos and scopes, I can't afford them. I have good binos, not the best. I want a spotting scope…good, not the best to help me at the range and hunting. Even if I don't buy a scope this year, I will be in Wyoming in the fall hunting elk. It will not be my first time out west hunting or hiking in the mountains. I appreciate all helpful comments and suggestions as I am better "focused," pun intended on what I can and should be spending my limited resources on.

grub
Let me remind you Grub that your original post was unanswered till i intervened with my post.
And what did i suggest in that post?
Since there has been lots of replys, and hopefully you got some answers.
My first hunting season was 1947, in the same area of the state we still hunt today.
In 1970, i happened to encounter a small group of long range hunters who had moved into the area i was hunting.
And thanks to them, thats when the lights were turned on for me.
You might not understand what i meant by that comment either, but thats o k.
I wish all the best to you on your hunt.

I'm sitting in my lazy boy dreaming about when my slush fund hits the $ mark so I can buy a new Swarovski BTX.
And thats a good thing, dreams are what keeps most of us going.
And certainly Lazy Boys can be a good place to be doing it.
Unfortunately, reality can come along and really screw things up. lol

I'm sitting in my lazy boy dreaming about when my slush fund hits the $ mark so I can buy a new Swarovski BTX.
From what I'm hearing from a friend that has one, the BTX's are a game changer with at least the 95mm lens. I'm down to one eye, so it wouldn't help me, but I can feel good about my 65mm and not tempted to buy bigger. I've found that if we really want something like the big Swaro, a focused (pun intended) approach to doing without other things can often make our wildest dreams into realities, so here's wishing you best of luck getting not only what you need, but what you want too.

From what I'm hearing from a friend that has one, the BTX's are a game changer with at least the 95mm lens. I'm down to one eye, so it wouldn't help me, but I can feel good about my 65mm and not tempted to buy bigger. I've found that if we really want something like the big Swaro, a focused (pun intended) approach to doing without other things can often make our wildest dreams into realities, so here's wishing you best of luck getting not only what you need, but what you want too.

It's be a few months but it's in sight.

I don't know how much they are now, but my Zeiss Diascope 85mm with variable power served me well for about two decades now. Lightweight, perfect for across the course matches and glassing for game.