Need someone to run this on Quickload.

barnesuser28

If someone would run this on quickload for velocity i would really appreciate it. 300 rum, 180 grain Barnes TTSX, 94.5 grains of H1000, COAL of 3.635. Let me know if you need some more info. Thanks.

I assumed 26" barrel. 3189 fps.

Notice the pressure...

ql300rum180ttsx.jpg

Yes, a 1:10 twist 26" barrel. Why would hodgdon go up to 96 grains of H1000 for a 180 grain bullet in 300 RUM when 94.5 is supposedly way over pressure.

Last edited:
Why do you guys use quick load? I have been loading 26 yrs and never needed it. To many variables to look for answers that way.

When working up this load there was no abnormally heavy bolt lift, only a VERY slight ejector mark.

Well if it shoots good then shoot it at 94.5 just work up with every new jug of powder

I will see how case life is, if its not to great i will back it down a couple of grains. I didnt get to chronograph this load because the sun was too low for the chronograph to work and we leave tomorrow for elk hunting so i wont have a chance to find another lighter load or chronograph this one until after the hunt.

Why do you guys use quick load? I have been loading 26 yrs and never needed it. To many variables to look for answers that way.

I personally like it for being able to experiment new combinations with,.. I got tired of purchasing what I thought might work well just to find out they didn't or there was a better combination out there instead, It eliminates a lot of guessing and puts the proof in actuality for you.

I found out that the RL#17 powder works fantastic for the combination I wanted for my .338 WM for elk hunting,.. I tried it in the program 1st and then in the rifle with great results just like it deduced it would,.. great program!

Riley, try rl25 in your rum with a 180-- 1/2 moa out of mine with hornady 180's at 3280 with easy bolt lift at 93 grains rl25 with, rem brass, and a 215-- still a couple of grains below max.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.