Need some Wildcat bullet load data

Skinny Shooter

Richard sent me a little surprise in todays care package and I found some 69gr Open HP .224 bullets.
Thought I would try them in my 22-250. Only problem is, it has a 1 in 14 twist which may be too slow.
I do like Hodgen powders and was thinking of Varget.
Also received the 155gr Open HP, in .308
the 169.5 ULD HP in .308
and the 169.5 gr FBHP in .308
All 3 are for my 308win and want to use Varget. Just not sure what load data to follow.
My current accuracy load is a 175gr SMK over 44grs of Varget with a 210m primer. It's a bit hot but shoots well.
Thought about backing off 2 or 3 grains from that load and working back up. Am going to try the above 155gr and 169.5gr Wildcat bullets on groundhogs. Hope they work.
Thanks for your help.
Oh yeah, 2nd groundhog of the year fell yesterday to the 22-250 with a 55gr Red Prairie Starke bullet over Varget at 166yds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The 1st of the year was capped at 30' with a 22LR subsonic and reddot optic back on 3/7. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Early hoggin\'

I like shooting hogs as much, maybe more, than the next guy. But geezzz, its kind of early. Your not giving the males much time to visit the ladies.

Let them have their last fling before ya blast them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

VH

Re: Early hoggin\'

Didn't ya know, here in Pa we have AR for chucks so we get those monsters each year. AR does work, Gary Alt said so... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Seriously though, more chucks die of old age in the thick tangled fencerows around here than we ever shoot in the open fields. So I'm not too worried. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
edited to add: VH, would you mind an email about your LR rig and that 800 and some yard chuck ya nailed?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.