Need some opinion!!

I'm 100% w/4kdhrn.

Price seems about right. Mil dot in 1st plane is a big feature.

Whats the odds of 1/2Mil hash marks?

oh! and 1/8 minute clicks - though not a deal breaker.

And it should stand up to big bore recoil w/brake!!!!!!!

That is made a bit tougher that Cabelas Alaskan line!

How about a 5-25 x 50?
With fine enough central cross hair to use on small game at long range such as PD 800yds?
APB

[ QUOTE ]
4Horn, below would be a tentive price structure for an example.

1.5-6x42 $369
2.5-10x50 $399
3-12x50 $479
4-16x50 $599

These are subject to change as price is being negotiated.

[/ QUOTE ]
No one understands the difficulty with pricing products more than me. You need to sell a good product so you don't warrantee everything you sell and spoil your products rep all the while, but if you ask too much for a new name on the block no one will want to take the risk and you will have a hard time building a good rep. They get you coming and going.

Even if your stuff is better than Leupold the world dosen't know that yet. The prices you listed above tell the customer they can expect a high quality optic at a price that is right in with the big boys.

If they are being made under contract by one of the big boys that might be something you would want to leak out so folks know what they are getting. If they are not being made by a company with a great rep I would say negotiate a little harder. Get a little "wiggle room" for your introductory price untill the word gets out on how fine they really are.

But thats just the opinion of a humble locksmith.

[ QUOTE ]
That front focal idea will really help the sales!!!! I wish other man. would do this on their mildots.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish my Leo had this. It is the only thing I think my VXIII is lacking. Side focus would be nice but first plane ret would be REALLY nice.

[ QUOTE ]
One turn to 1000yds. with zero stop as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
ZERO STOP. Yes a zero stop would rock. NF seems to think this is only handy for cops and soldiers but I would like one too.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, choke style rangefinding is showing up in some high end scopes.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know what this is.

[ QUOTE ]
Those prices are good for an excellent scope.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with that.

[ QUOTE ]
The 4x16 would interest me the most. Who's making them for you?

[/ QUOTE ]
(psst, heres your chance)

[ QUOTE ]
With those prices I would expect at minimum leopold quality, and an iron clad warranty.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with that.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 100% w/4kdhrn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
With fine enough central cross hair to use on small game at long range such as PD 800yds?

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with that too.

[ QUOTE ]
Alright guys, I need your take on this one. We are in the process of producing our own line of scopes and I would like to get some feedback on how people would perceive this particular scope ine. Please be honest! Below are the features:

Sizes 1.5-6x42
2.5-10x50
3-12x50
3-12x56
4-16x50

30mm Maintube
Light transmission: 97-98%
Side Parallax on Some models 2.5-10x, 3-12x, 4-16x
Target Turrets on 3-12x, 4-16x
Rainguard type feature (not named yet)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

4-16X50 SF with good internal adjustment (90MOA), thats REAPEATABLE of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Dont really care on the FFP reticle either way, but a MOA reticle would sell very well I believe, since everybody sells a MIL reticle, and nobody (mainstream) sells a MOA reticle but NF. But if your going to do MIL make it with half MIL hash marks. Sell it with an unconditional lifetime warrenty, but make it tough as hell so you dont need it, and I'll buy three.

Choke rangefinder allows you to range a target by placing it between marks on a scale/grid. Read the range off where it fits. Very fast and simple.

The was originated on the Russian Dragunov scopes.

Jerry

Got'cha. I've seen that on Leo VxIII scopes where you zoom in or out to fit a deer or elk between the stadia line and the wide point of the vertical cross hair and read the range off the zoom ring. Never new it was called choke range finding but it makes sence. Thanks.

Just reread your response. Did you mean the target is placed between fixed lines on a BDC reticle as opposed to adjusting image size untill it fit in a single fixed area of the reticle?

Jon-- i just have 1 request-- when u do up the plex reticles, it'd be nice to have the subtensions somewhere between 4-7 MOA, so they could still be applied tactically, for downrange zeroing, windage, and ranging. Also it'd be nice if the posts of the plex were flat instead of pointed to allow for more accurate tactical reference, if so desired. Oh yeah, please provide some sort of reference for subtensions so guys can establish a system for the reticle without having to go out and measure it. Thks.

Reticles? Eye relief? Field of view?

A german #4 would be perfect on the 1.5-6x. Perhaps a heavy option on the 2.5-10x. I agree with some other posters on the 42 vs 50 objectives. I prefer the handiness of the smaller size over the slight advantage of the larger. As for the general public on the other hand...I have no idea.

If you get one with the #4 reticle somehow upside down, I'll def. buy it.

Oh, and they HAVE TO HAVE REPEATABLE ADJUSTMENTS.

Apart from what has already been said:

I´d list the 2,5-10 with a 42 objective instead of a 50.

Coordination between ranging reticles and turrets: mildot-milliradians / moa reticle-moa adjustments.

telescopic or dampened ocular to reduce injury when shooter gets "scoped".

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.