Need some experts to weigh in on bullet choice

snox801

So I posted in another section with no luck, but here might be better. So I build a new 16 inch 300blk ar with a bunch of nice equipment. This will be my new go to gun for most hunting to 300 yards if shot is appropriate.
So I currently use 125 bt with good results but what do you guys think of switching to 100gr cutting edge raptor. They seem to have better BC even for a light bullet plus its lighter so I could pick up some fps also. Raptors are pricey but I dont care for hunting. What do you guys think.

You have a really unique situation. I don't know much about either bullet that interests you. What I can say, is to run your ballistics (ballistic program or JBL online) and conduct a side by side comparison. Based on all the variables and your preferences, choose the one that will perform the way you want.

I shooting out to 300 yards for the right target like deer. Gun will be mainly for that and pigs. Obviously the distance will be determined by game and how well it holds groups. I'll actually come up with my max distance by what distance the bullet I choose falls to its min velocity. I have had amazing results with the raptors in 45 acp, 357 mag and .458 socom at closer ranges. Just wondering if I would be giving up anything and longer range for this round.

For assault weapons at point blank range, I would think your focus would center on terminal ballistics. BC makes zero difference at ~300yds ,and it doesn't sound like accuracy matters here.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.