Need some bullets for my .300 rum

USMCPAHunter

Im looking for some long range bullets like the 208 a max or the berger 215gr hybrid. For the life of me I cant find them anywhere midway is always out of stock and my reloading shop isnt into long rage stuff so they just carry regular hunting bullets for 30 cal. Anyone know where to get bullets ?

I am in the same boat, I can't find them any where. I don't know if your loading for hunting or target but the 210 grn smk has a BC. Of .645 the 208grn. Is .648 so there close and the smks shot just a little better out of my 06. The shelves are empty of bergers,hornadys and noslers but have plenty of sierras people don't think they are sexy anymore lol.

Just to let everyone know the 230 gr target hybrid and the 215 gr target hybrid will work excellently for hunting. Just read Broz accounts on using them on game. Personally I saw two cow elk shot with the 230 gr from:

a 300 WSM muzzle velocity 2720 impact velocity of approx. 2500 fps. Cow was walking, stopped and staggered from the double lung shot and fell over dead within 10 seconds

a 300 RUM muzzle velocity 2975 impact velocity 2800. High double shoulder shot DRT.

Both had exits of 1 1/2"-2"

Just to let everyone know the 230 gr target hybrid and the 215 gr target hybrid will work excellently for hunting. Just read Broz accounts on using them on game. Personally I saw two cow elk shot with the 230 gr from:

a 300 WSM muzzle velocity 2720 impact velocity of approx. 2500 fps. Cow was walking, stopped and staggered from the double lung shot and fell over dead within 10 seconds

a 300 RUM muzzle velocity 2975 impact velocity 2800. High double shoulder shot DRT.

Both had exits of 1 1/2"-2"
yes, they are excellent longrange hunting bullets but they are in high demand and short supply so I found an alternative with the smks BC.s aren't as high as the bergers but are very close to the Amax. And they are cheap and they keep me shooting......

yes, they are excellent longrange hunting bullets but they are in high demand and short supply so I found an alternative with the smks BC.s aren't as high as the bergers but are very close to the Amax. And they are cheap and they keep me shooting......

Will my 1-10 barrel spin those big pills fast enough i would have thought i would need like a 1-9.

1 in 10 works perfect for the heavies with the exception of the big 240grn. Smk which requires 1 in 9.....
I'm spinning the 225 hdy and 220 nos hpbt's just fine in a 10" twist 300rum. I've heard from some that the big 30's can often handle the 240 smk on a 10" twist, but I haven't gone there myself. It seems a bit borderline to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.