Need some advise please!

Sreber

I have a 300 RUM I'm shooting a Berger 230gr OMT tactical with 7828ssc. I have done a ladder test and seat depth test and I'm getting 2" to 3" groups without changing powders what can I do?

Last edited:
My rifle is a Rem. 700 with a leupold mark4, I take very good care of my guns. I have been reloading for a long time never had a problem I couldn't work out, but this has got me stumped. I might have too change powders, thinking about rl25 tell me your thoughts

Well, if you are sure all the screws, etc are tight. I would try another bullet. Hodgdon site only has 300 RUM loads for 7828ssc on bullets up to 180 gr. After that they only list 7828. It would probably be easier to try another bullet than a new powder. I RUM shoots 180 Nosler Ballistic tips really well with IMR4350 and H1000. Usually use the 215 Hrbrid and H1000 though. I am actually loading that tonight.

What primer?
What speed are you getting?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.