Need some advice on picking a scale.

Do they still make the GemPro 250? I can not find a place online selling them new and heard they had been discontinued.

Looks like it was replaced with the 300. I trusted my match loads with it. I now have an A&D 120 with autothrow and auto trickler. I was throwing with the chargemaster and trickling up on the gempro.

buy the lite and do not look back
What is it about the Lite that is so much better than all the other options? The way I'm looking at it, they are all electric scales prone to drift, dirty energy, etc... Does the Lite do something the others don't to help negate these factors?

If that comes across a bit hostile it's not meant to be, I'm honestly asking.

What is it about the Lite that is so much better than all the other options? The way I'm looking at it, they are all electric scales prone to drift, dirty energy, etc... Does the Lite do something the others don't to help negate these factors?

The lite is going to be quicker with less work.

The gempro requires you to manually drop powder then trickle to final charge weight.

you cannot trust low dollar electronics in this field.
AGAIN buy the lite and move on.

I have a hornady scale and a Frankfort Arsenal scale. Both drift slightly. I bought a beam scale and trust it more. I don't shoot a ton so it's not much slower. Usually load in 50-100 rd batches.

rcbs learned a lot with the charge master. they put what they learned plus whats is new into the LITE.
READ MY LIPS:
get your cal wights set at 50.00 so total is 100.00
and the machine WORKS.
I HAVE TESTED THE KRAP OUT OF MINE.
it will work for all but the true long range competition shooters.
i have tested it, it works.
all the other options are cheap poor electronics IMHO.
no issue with drift, no issue with dirty elec

or

you could use the lee beam, and you will spend so much time loading that we will never hear from you again.

rcbs learned a lot with the charge master. they put what they learned plus whats is new into the LITE.
READ MY LIPS:
get your cal wights set at 50.00 so total is 100.00
and the machine WORKS.
I HAVE TESTED THE KRAP OUT OF MINE.
it will work for all but the true long range competition shooters.
i have tested it, it works.
all the other options are cheap poor electronics IMHO.
no issue with drift, no issue with dirty elec

or

you could use the lee beam, and you will spend so much time loading that we will never hear from you again.

Lol.

RCBS fan boy I see.

and no need for constant recal no driffting.
how long have you had your lite ? how much testing have to done with the lite ?
i have both.
BUY A LITE

I had an original chargemaster for several years, went to the lite for a year or two. Paired it up with a gempro 250. Sold all of it and now use an A&D 120. I probably load 2-300 rounds a week between 223 AI and 6.5x47L.

The Chargemaster light is the best option. The Gempro 250 I have is awesome but many have had problems and the manufacturer will not repair them just send a check for the original purchase price. I just picked up a second CM lite from Brownells through active junky for 170 after mail in rebate.

After reading how much stuff can affect a digital scale I was wondering if starting with a mechanical would be a good idea. Full disclosure I do have the cheaper Lee's Precision beam scale that comes in the 50th Anniversary kit I bought. Is that a sufficient back up or would you go with the M500 still?
I don't have any experience with the LEE Precision Beam Scale, but I would think that would be fine to start with and to use as a 'back-up' to an electronic scale when you go that route.

And just to clarify for BStick, you don't need to measure EVERY LOAD. You get your powder measure throwing the correct charge, then fill cases, checking every 10th case on the scale to be sure you're still throwing the same charge still. So, NO, it won't take "Days to load 50 rounds" on the beam scale. (too funny!)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.