Need Recommendation for Wyoming Deer/Antelope Hunt

Bang4theBuck

I have two buddies and I that would like to come to Wyoming and hunt mule deer, and antelope. None of us have ever hired a guide in Wyoming and after having a few experiences, some great, some not so good, I thought that this would be a good group to solicit a recommendation. I know that opinions on service providers can vary widely, so I thought that I would put some criteria to our search for an outfitter.
1. While hunting is the top priority, this is still a vacation and we would like to stay somewhere that has sleeping accommodations, and meals, etc. We do not want to stay in a hotel or motel.
2. We are willing to hunt hard for our quarry, but 'working hard' (extreme climbing, packing out animals for miles, etc) isn't optimal for us on this particular hunt.
3. We like to feel that we have made friends in the places that we go, and are compelled to do 'annual' hunts and would like to be with an outfitter that treats their clientele in the same regard.
4. We are all long range shooting enthusiasts. While we don't purposely try to get into long distance shooting situations on game, if a long range opportunity presents that we are comfortable with, we want to be sure that the guide isn't red-lighting us based soley on distance. Last fall I almost went home empty handed on a hunt because the outiftter had a 200 yard rule that I was not aware of. I'm not looking to shoot 1000 yds at a mule deer or antelope, but we are all very capable out to 5 or 600 yards and would be comfortable proving that if the outfitter requested.
5. We would likely be driving versus flying, so airport pick-up would not be necessary.
6. We intend to apply for buddy tags, unless advised otherwise.
7. Price is a consideration, but we aren't looking for the best deal, we are looking for a great hunt with great people.
Hopefully there are a few outfitters that you could pass along for us to talk to. Please feel free to expand on what you liked/disliked about the outfitter that you are referring. Thanks for the help.

If you have not found anyone to go with yet I know of a place that would fit your criteria.

Before you start talking with outfitters you had better buy a preference point the next couple years in order to get a decent tag! Otherwise, you'll have to try for units for antelope that can be drawn with no PPs and a Regional tag for deer and a number of those now take a decent number of PPs to draw a tag.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts