Need recepie for elk

Steaks cut 1" thick, pierced with a fork or Jaccard (to allow marinade to penetrate), or substitute use of foodsaver vac canister.

Allegro marinade (original, NOT hickory or game tame)

7 cloves of garlic crushed+ 1/4 stick of butter melted in a coffee mug in the microwave.
The leaves from two nice sprigs of FRESH rosemary chopped
1/4 cup olive oil.
Few sprinkles of chipotle chili powder
Red pepper flakes (to liking)
Fresh ground black pepper

Mix 1/3 bottle of allegro in a 9x13 glass baking dish with the melted butter and garlic, olive oil and spices, and mix in the fresh chopped rosemary. Put the steaks into the mixture coating them well. Turn twice a day for 3 days keep covered in plastic.
Grill super hot 450-500 degrees for two to 3 1/2 minutes a side (until your tongs can tap the steak without leaving a dent). Pull the steaks off the grill, and cover the plate with aluminum foil. Rest them 12 minutes and they should be perfectly cooked medium rare. I've done some of the toughest and most rank big bulls you've ever seen with this method, and can make POUNDS of it disappear at all the parties with people begging for more. I'd take this recipe over any beef steak I've tried on the planet, which may be why elk is all we eat!! Works great with sage-fed deer, and antelope as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.