need Proof / Bartlein CF barrel measurements

8x68s

Rifle build to use Proof / Bartlein CF barrel into a previously shaped stock. I need some help with actual measurements from your barrels to decide which contour to purchase for my stock. I'm trying to avoid too much woodworking of the existing stock.

I need a barrel diameter measurement at (+ or -) 12" (end of my stock) from the face of the recoil lug for:
-Bartlein #4
-Bartlein #13
-Bartlein #14, M24

Thanks for any help to those of you who have these barrels. The dimensions provided by Bartlein aren't enough info for my purposes.
Greg

I measured out 13" from the Breech end to take into account for apprx 1" for threading and recoil lug

thank you, Gents! Most helpful. I'm planning an 8x68s mag after all these years of using *8x68s" as a call sign... Mr. Kenyon, I'd appreciate hearing from you when those other two barrels arrive.

The stock I'm working with... I decided on a CF barrel so the rifle balance will end up "between the hands" like a fast handling safari rifle.
P6050001.JPGP6050002.JPGP6050003.JPGP6050004.JPG

I'm not seeing weights for CF's. Assuming same length and profile, what percentage of a steel barrel's weight would a CF barrel weigh?

I have a 26" sendero proof...
As for lenght and weight..id stay with sendero lite and 24" or less...
I really don't like the way mine handles..packs or slings on shoulder...way to muzzle heavy....

12" from the recoil lug on my Bartlein #13 measures .900". I will say the Bartlein is heavier than my proofs…at least it seems that way.

yes, when this one gets cleaned up it's gonna be a beauty. can't imagine what it cost to have it made. by today's standards, A LOT$$ It will be an interesting blend of old and new tech: commercial Mauser action, carbon fiber barrel (to fill the huge barrel channel) and old world 8x68s cartridge.

Actually four of my favorite guns are "good old Mauser actions" with some very pleasing g to the eyes pieces of wood. And they're not your usual calibers either - 240 Gibbs, 25 Gibbs, and 6.5 Gibbs. I'll look forward to seeing the finished project.

PS... I used to live in Keizer .