Need Pod Ideas for a Heavy Gun

augustinaustin

Gun: 25lb 300 RUM in a Shehane Tracker Laminate (3" flat bottom)

I would like to be able to use a very stable pod off a bench AND keep the bottom of the stock smooth for use with a rest other times i.e. no permanent hardware. I would appreciate clever mounting ideas. I have considered making a flat plate for the bottom of the stock but wondering what you guys have done. With this weight am I asking too much of a pod such as a Versa or Harris? I just get tired of always having to use a 'benchrest' rest for 300-500yds hunting. Thank you, gentlemen
and remember.....if you have been treating your gal right, there will be a LR goodie under the tree tonight! Merry Christmas

You could take a peg out the front like on my Staes Arms or make a recessed swivel mount for a Harris Bipod like on my Ruger thumhole project(sorry no pic)
mach5+6x20Leuopold.jpg

I like the peg idea as it would keep the bottom of the stock smooth for bench shooting. Where you happy with the stability and is that a Versa Pod pictured or who's? Thanks Mach

I think this was one of Klauses creations(not sure)I,ve got 2 of them & they are built super tuff,stable & extend(works like a super duty Versa Pod)on 1" shaft.
Here is a link to his site,they list them in
ACCESSORIES for sale $225 alum,$250steel=CJ

EAST RIDGE / STATE ARMS GUN CO. INC.

sabipod.jpg

[ 12-25-2002: Message edited by: Mach V ]

Thanks again Mach for all the piocs and info. I don't have room for a 1" peg but you have given me some ideas. That looks like a really well made pod. It is a bit steep for my budget but I think I will make one similar for a front bracket. Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.