Need places to go on a General Season OTC elk hunt on in Idaho or Utah, any suggestions on what to expect?

Flatlander000

I am planning to go on a DIY General season OTC bull elk hunt in Idaho or Utah, but have not quite gotten a place nailed down yet, and I have heard that in some places the elk and deer populations have gotten decimated, but I am looking to take a group of 4 guys me and my buddies on a 14 day pack trip in late October - Early November, in about a year or two. Any suggestions on where to go? Any tips in general to hunting the elk out here? I'm new to big game hunting, but I have been hunting big whitetails in the Midwest my whole life.
For my whole life.

Go to the Idaho Dept of F&G website. There you will find data on whether they are achieving population targets in the units as well as hunter success numbers by unit. I'm sure many states do the same. Dig in like a tick. Call's to them can be enlightening as well.

Go to the Idaho Dept of F&G website. There you will find data on whether they are achieving population targets in the units as well as hunter success numbers by unit. I'm sure many states do the same. Dig in like a tick. Call's to them can be enlightening as well.
Hahahaha! Thank your for your feedback!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.