Need opinions for SWAR Z5 5-25x52

firekiller15

I came across a great deal on a Swarovski Z5 5-25x52, custom turret w/ BT reticle. Has anyone own or used one of these before, good or bad. I will be using it on a 7mm Allen for hunting. Would like some opinions and how well do they compare durability wise to NightForce. Thanks

Last edited:
Do you know how much adjustment there is on the custum turret? Some of these allow for only one turn. Most folks with a 7 AM want to stretch its legs.

Glass on the Swaro is great, and I am sure they are built very well, but most people agree that when it comes to durability and reliability the NF wins out. I'm not an engineer, but it weighs 31 oz, Swaro about 1/2 that. Disclaimer: I own NF but not Swarovski.

I own neither but have to say there must be a reason why Night Force is the preferred long range scope. I would not consider myself a follower but why try to reinvent the wheel when the one you have works perfectly. I am sure the Swaro would be a great scope but if I was spending my money on a scope that price I would be getting a Night Force. I have a Sightron SIII LRMOA on my WSM and could not be happier with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.