Need new barrel for build soon.

Gentle Ben

Ok, I have a good gunsmith waiting, a new .223 Rem700 action, Jewell trigger, and stock. But no barrel. I am hoping a sponsor sees this or someone who can point me in the right direction to buy a Lilja, Rock, Krieger or other high end barrel that is available...preferably cut rifling but can be button pulled.

I am seeking a .223, 1:8 (or 1:7 or 1.75 if possible) 24" or 26" in stainless steel. Actual contour is not a huge factor but must be roughly a heavy type varmint/target with a muzzle diameter of at least .750 to .920. Fluted or Not fluted. No lightweight hunting barrel wanted. Barrel must be new and not chambered unless by an accredited gunsmith and never fired.

Will use for target shooting off bench and bipod, and prairie dogging ... And shooting nutria down here in La.

Please reply or PM if you can help.

Grizzly industrial, stocks some Bartlein barrels. They are a cut barrel and Bartlein is one of the best, understand that you may pay more than Bartlein list them for but you will wait 6-8 months if you order from the factory. Their availability changes, so call to see how far out they are if they don't have one in stock.

Rock Creek or Lilja is about the best you can get. However, for button rifled barrels, Douglas XX Match Air-Gauged barrels are one of the best there is from my past experiences with them.

got my bartlein from these guys and they have others to select from BARRELS

after having the bartlein I will not shoot any thing else.

Thanks fellas for the input.

I just ordered what I wanted from Bugholes at Southern Precision. They had just gotten it in stock and I'll have it by next week.

-- .223 M40/M24 contour 5R cut rifling 1:8 twist 26-inch ...

... will go on a new, fully trued Rem700 bolt action with Jewell trigger, B&C stock (for now), with a Swaro Z5 5-25x52 ballistic turret scope atop it.

I also visited the Bartlein web site and liked what I read.

Thanks fellas for the input.

I just ordered what I wanted from Bugholes at Southern Precision. They had just gotten it in stock and I'll have it by next week.

-- .223 M40/M24 contour 5R cut rifling 1:8 twist 26-inch ...

... will go on a new, fully trued Rem700 bolt action with Jewell trigger, B&C stock (for now), with a Swaro Z5 5-25x52 ballistic turret scope atop it.

I also visited the Bartlein web site and liked what I read.

I'm glad you did, I've done thousands of dollars in business with Greg & will continue to work with bugholes in the future. Dern good guy to work with, having what I want when I call helps a little too :cool:

t

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.