Need Info Unit 21 For Deer

SHRTSHTR

My daughter drew a tag for Unit 21 in Colorado. I started putting her in when she was 14 years old. 13 years later and we are finally hunting deer together again. Her season starts November 6, 2010.

I plan on going up a couple days early to do some scouting. Does anyone have info about this area and maybe a god place to start from? I have heard that the deer in this unit migrate south later in the year. I am thinking about starting around Rangely and working South. Any info would be very much appreciated.

Ray

Looks like there might be some rain and snow/sleet during the hunt. Hope you have chains for all 4 tires. It gets very slick around there I have heard.. Good luck on the hunt. There will be bucks around just a lot of glassing.

A friend of mine has a tag for 2nd season. That starts this weekend. I may go with him just to scout. My daughters hunt does not start for two more weekends.

No problem with vehicles to get around in, I am well prepaired.

Glassing is my go to method, especially longrange. Area 21 is a big area, hoping to get a little more info about where I might start.

Thanks for the heads up.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts