Need info on laser range finders

IceSniper

Hi guys,
In the next couple of weeks i'm going to buy my first range finder and i need a bit of your wisdom. I've been looking closly at the Bushnell elite 1500 mainly because of the price and it's long ranging distance (1000y for trees, can someone back this up?) I've looked at a few leicas(sp?) but they seem to cost alot more and don't range as far.

Can someone with personal experiance shead some light on the good/bad points of the bushnell 1500 and the real ranging limitations of them? Also if you can think of a better make/model around the same price (~$550AU) that will range out to 1000y feel free to let me know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif .

You will not go wrong with the 1500. This year they have introduced a second version with angle info and also some ballistic prompts. More happens when you push the buttons. The 1500 has glass lenses instead of plastic ones so the optics are much better than some previous models.
We have discussed the Bushnell 1500 several times here, check the SEARCH and you will probably find some good info.
Good luck with your decision.

I'll second praise for the Elite 1500. I've been very happy with mine (esp. for the money). I have been able to get readings of over 700 in all the conditions I have tried and on most every type of target (often a shallow hill). If a large tree is availible to range, 1000 is about what I can expect out of it. I have been able to get ranges on houses and reflective signs consistantly at 1500+. I haven't used many other rangefinders for a direct comparison, but the only one I have heard that may give similar preformance for the money is the Nikon 1200. I do not, however, have any experience with it, either personally or second hand.

Good luck with your decision,
Carl

i bought a 1500 bushnell this fall and used it a few times while hunting.i could get readings right out to 1k but never over.i didn't have any good surfaces to bounce off of but i compared it to my friends swaro and they seemed very similar.paid 329 to my door from optic zone.

G'day Icesniper,
Where abouts in OZ did you get the price on that?
Just happens Im also in the market for a LRF and have a limit of AUS$600.

Cheers

Hi skip,
I've looked at a couple of australian places online but they want around $700 for the 1500 elite. I'm going to order mine from The optics zone since it's the cheapest i've found, $445AU + Shipping, which i'm waiting to hear back about. My digi cam cost about $30 to come from the US so it shouldn't be more than $50.

Ice,

I don't know if you sent us an email, but if you did we did not receive it. As for shipping, the charges would be $35.30 via US Global Express Mail.

Also, just for everyones information, our company is called "The Optic Zone", no "S" in optic.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the info, jon.
I did try to e-mail you but my hotmail account has been screwing up lately and half the time my e-mails arn't sent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif .

you can expect my order sometime around march 15 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif .

IceSniper, I have the Elite 1500 and am satisfied with it's ranging abilities. But, it is advertised as having a low light LED to see the readout and it doesn't work for squat. Am considering returning it to Cabela's and replacing it with the new Leupold RX-IV rangefinder. http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/s...&PHPSESSID=
If you spend those kinds of bucks on a product, it should work as advertised. Cabela's may be a bit pricey than other places, but they have a great return policy.

[ QUOTE ]
You will not go wrong with the 1500. This year they have introduced a second version with angle info and also some ballistic prompts. More happens when you push the buttons.

[/ QUOTE ]

When are they intro'ing this version??

IceSniper, The best price I can get in OZ is also $700 for the Elite 1500, can anyone reccomend a good LRF with accurate ranging out to 800yrds? They are bloody dear!
Not sure I want to spend more than $500AUS.

cheers

Thanks for the heads up, skinny. But i don't think i'd ever use it of a night anyway since my spotlight is only good for under 200m. Dawn and dusk are when i take most of my shots so it should be ok.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.