Need high BC bullet in 25 cal.

shorty

I'm looking for the highest BC bullet I can get for my 25-06AI, this rifle will be done soon so

will need to feed the new baby when it arrives. It's got a 1 in 9 twist barrel for heavier bullets.

Berger has a 115gr VLD with a BC of 0.523, anyone with a better suggestion please chime in.

Thanks, Shorty.

Look at wildcat bullets. I believe there is a 140g ULD available. 1 in 9" would probly stablize the 140g. I dont know even know a rough BC estimate for that bullet. I only shot the 125g ULD as my 25-06 has a standard 1 in 10". I got around a .515 BC or so out of the 125g ULD @ 2950fps. Hope this is of some help.

Richard makes a 130 grain HP RBBT as well as a 142 gr HP RBBT. I do not know much about an AI but I had a couple of plain jane 25-06's. They should handle the 130 gr Wildcat pretty well up at the higher velocities. My limited testing of the 130 Wildcat shows it to be extremly accurate.

I used an online BC calculator on the 130 after measuring everything and it comes out to about 0.635 which is a pretty good BC for a 257 bullet. I have not tested the BC myself at long range. I will do that in the next two months.

The wildcat 125 and 130's out of my stw at 3550 thumped anything that it hit. Really hard hitting bullet at that speed. Richard is a great guy to deal with also.

Unless you have a faster twist then the standard 10", you'll be limited to the 125g ULD. I used it out of a Winchester model 70, in 25-06 @ 2950fps. Shot great out to 600 yards and hit really hard for .25 cal. I got a rough estimate of around .515 for a BC. Worked for me anyways...I used them to take a nice 4x4 whitetail that scored around 145" at 440 yards, and a couple coyotes from 100-600 yards. All bullets exited leaving quarter sized exits. Would have no doubt they would be superb on goats as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.