Need help with the lightest weigh deer rifle

Thanks for all the replies guys. The last few years he's used a 6.75 (before scope) 7-08of mine. He says this coming season he's using my Win 94 30-30 unless he finds a lighter gun.

Yes, most shots here are under 200 yards.

He has arthritis pretty bad and the heavy guns are just too much for him to steady anymore.

Thanks again. I'll show him the savage I posted. 5lb 5 oz I think it was. But honestly. I think he'll be fine with my 94. I've killed several with it. Killed two in two shots at 200 yards one season. Perfect shots on both with iron sights. I put a 4x32 scope on it for him to keep it light as possible.

That sounds like a great deer rig. If you decide to go with the savage however I don't think you will be disappointed. My wife has a 7mm-08 in the lady hunter which is 6 lbs and loves it. I have been impressed with the accuracy of the rifle with my reloads.

That sounds like a great deer rig. If you decide to go with the savage however I don't think you will be disappointed. My wife has a 7mm-08 in the lady hunter which is 6 lbs and loves it. I have been impressed with the accuracy of the rifle with my reloads.

OH I love savage rifles. I'm just about to the point that I'll buy a savage before anything else. But for what he needs, I honestly think my 30-30 will do all he needs.

Remington Model Seven. Great Remington action, beautiful metal work/fit of Remington and a 9.125:1 twist. Small. lightweight and a thing of beauty. Especially when you pull the trigger. Load with 100 grain quality bullet and some IMR 3031 or 4064 and it will shoot under 1/2: group out of the box. 4X12 or 4X16 quality scope and your big time with a light weight gun. Good luck with what ever you decide.

Bee

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.