Need help with stock please

PowellSixO

I'm looking to upgrade my stock on my Savage 7mm, and have quickly found that there are NOT a lot of choices for me. I don't want to spend a crazy amount on the stock but will if necessary. The stock that came on the rifle as a joke. Haha. I'm not wanting a laminate stock or wood stock, I'm wanting some sort of synthetic stock if possible. I was looking at the choate stocks, and the guy I was emailing said that they did not make a stock for my rifle. I have a Savage 11/111 Trophy Hunter XP. It's chambered in 7mm Rem Mag which makes it a LA of course, and it's right handed. It has the bolt release on the bottom of the rifle on the front of the trigger guard, and has a detachable magazine. I've replaced the trigger on this rifle already, and had to make modifications to to the bolt release to make the trigger work, so the rifle has to come out of the stock before I can release the bolt (no biggie for me). So my question to you guys is this............. What stock options do I have? Is there away to take and convert my rifle to a blind magazine? I've searched and searched and don't feel confident enough in my findings to make a decision one way or the other. Any help you guys can give me would be awesome. Thanks.

Bell & Carlson makes one in the M40 version but it is for a varmint barrel. Not sure what barrel your 7 mm has or if they make on for a sporter barrel but I put one on my savage 10 predator max 1 in 243. 100% drop in fit. Bought the stock from RedHawkRifles. This is the only one I have found for the bottom bolt release.

Bell & Carlson makes one in the M40 version but it is for a varmint barrel. Not sure what barrel your 7 mm has or if they make on for a sporter barrel but I put one on my savage 10 predator max 1 in 243. 100% drop in fit. Bought the stock from RedHawkRifles. This is the only one I have found for the bottom bolt release.
Thanks for that. I've looked that route too, but they only make stocks for the bottom bolt release in the short action version. No long action option. :(

I had a custom stock made at MPI stocks in Portland Oregon. It is a Savage 116 with bottom bolt release in 25-06. It's carbon fiber, pillared, glass bedded, with custom draw length. light and stiff. OD Green with black and grey webbing. Shoots great. VERY Happy with it. Longest kill with it was 350 on an antelope. But it hits milk jugs at 500 easy. Below is a pick.

Attachments

• IMG_20140630_183337953-22.jpg
    IMG_20140630_183337953-22.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 182
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.