Need Help With Scope For Sendero

I just went through this. I bought the leupold VXIII 4.5-14X50 LR. Then had leupold put a target turret on top. Ended up spending about $850 or so. It was a great scope until I dropped it. After that it wouldn't track anymore but before that it was perfect. Sent scope by to Leupold, no problems. Got it back, sold it and bought a nightforce...

The rifle is only as good as the scope, bases, rings, and loads so my advise is buy the best quality you can on everything. It's only as good as it's weakest link.

I have several Leupold Scopes and they have never failed. However, in the past 10 years I upgraded and installed NF Scopes on all of my LR rifles and haven't looked back.

5 years ago during a Montana Pack In Elk Hunt, the weather was extreme. Heavy rain, then snow, ice, and sleet. Steep rugged country. I fell allot and even had the rifle fall out of the scabbard while riding up a steep snow/ice covered elk trail.
The rifle/scope and I seemed to constantly fall, be dropped, or rolled on the entire 10 day hunt. I would pull the bolt and align the bore on a distance reference point and look through the scope. The reticle was centered and maintained zero.
I harvested a nice 5x5 bull elk.

Nikon makes excellent scopes. If your on a budget you can't go wrong.

I strongly recommend a solid steel one piece base, with Tactical steel rings if you plan on hunting the westerns states.

Good Luck
Gonzo
SEMPER FIDELIS

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa414/gonzok34/300 Mag/300winmag6.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.