Need help with scope for 25.06

BlackSS

I am purchasing a heavy barrel 25.06 for medium sized game, target, and some varmint and need help picking an optics setup.
On the top of my list currently is:
Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5 x 16 42mm tactical
Any reason to avoid this scope?
Any other tactical type scope in this price range that is a better option?
This scope (~$750) is the most I will spend, so suggestions for a $1500 scope won't help me much.

Suggestions for rings and a base are also welcome. :)

Also considering the Zeiss 4.5 x 14 MC tactical
I like the 2.5 on the Bushnell if quality is close between the two...

i own many scopes, from nforce/ior/swski/leupold/burrins/nikon, etc. and many old style redfields and B&L. To tell the truth, the last 3 scopes I've bought have been Nikon Monarchs and Burris XTR. They have the best glass, resoulution, repeatability, and windae/elev. adjustment of all of'em. Don't misunderstand me, if I were intending to take a bullet thru the scope, I'd prob'ly use the nforce or US optic, BUT i don't use these in a combat situation, so don't go for the inflated price. The Nikon, Burris, and VX3" are extremely good to 800 meters, both target, steel gongs, and hunting.

I have seen a lot of positive reviews on the Nikons, and the Burris XTR looks promising also.
Is there a Nikon Monarch with tall turrets that you would recommend? They all look to have the low profile turrets from what I have seen.

I have seen a lot of positive reviews on the Nikons, and the Burris XTR looks promising also.
Is there a Nikon Monarch with tall turrets that you would recommend? They all look to have the low profile turrets from what I have seen.

look at the monarch X riflescopes, I use the 2.5x10x44 on a 25-06 now. Mine is the older "tactical" line, now called Monarch "X" but same scopes.
I will use the 4-16x50 on new .308 pdog shooter I'm building now.

I just happened to stumble across that very line. I originally was planning on Nikon, but couldn't find the tall turrets so I moved on, I did not see this line of scope until just now.
They look to be a little bit more expensive, maybe I can find a good deal somewhere.
The 4 x 16 is the one I would get.

I would go with the Zeiss because of the clarity, proven performance and normally more moa per revolution than others. I have two conquests in 6.5-20x50 and they are great scopes. I'm not saying that some others may not be as good?.......Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts