Need help with ring height

jsali

My rifle is nearly done, I am trying to figure out if I am getting the right height rings or not. I have a Sightron SIII 6-24x50 scope (2.42" objective diameter with caps), the rifle is going to have a barrel that is 1.25" for 5" from the receiver. The base is a 20 MOA rail and the rings I am currently going to get are TPS HRT 30mm high rings (1.225" from base to center of ring). Will I have enough/too much clearance with this setup. The stock is not adjustable but I am putting an eagle stock pack which will allow some foam spacers if needed. Would sure appreciate some input. Thanks.

-John

the high rings should be good for the 50mm objective,
I have the mediums for my 40mm on a 20 moa base and the fit is perfect, so the high ring should be perfect for the 50 mm.

I will be curious to see what you think of the sightron. I have heard great things about them and have been considering one.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts