Need help with rear bag!!

PRCLITE

I've been shooting long range and extra long range using a tripod with the pig saddle and a ballhead. It works out well and is definitely very solid especially sitting and extended the legs out wide. I typically take this tripod to my hunting locations which are usually under a 3 mile hike. I'm going to be doing a backcountry hunt this year and I am not going to have enough room in my pack for my big tripod so I'm reverting back to my evolution bipod which is a great solid setup. I'd like to pick up a good bag that would work well for field applications. I'd like to keep it as light as possible but also act as the one bag for every role whether I'm hunting or at the range. Any suggestions? I was looking at the LRO hunter's wedge which I like but it looks to be setup for the typical angled hunting stock. I'm running a Manners EH1 which has a very lazy angle on the bottom of the butt stock. Hoping to get some good suggestions!

Boxtobenchprecision.com their ultralight rear shooting bag is awesome. It weighs as little as they say and it is as solid as they say also IMO. For $26 it was worth a try and I would absolutely buy it again.

Boxtobenchprecision.com their ultralight rear shooting bag is awesome. It weighs as little as they say and it is as solid as they say also IMO. For $26 it was worth a try and I would absolutely buy it again.
I love this bag and it weighs nothing. Also love the loop it has on it that makes it so easy to hang on the outside of your pack.

If you click on MagMan's link it will take you to a thread about this bag. The original post on that thread was posted by a sponser. Try to pm him and maybe he is affiliated with the company and can at least let you know when they may have more in stock.
Trhall... I haven't ever got a like "with love" before. Interesting 🤣🤣🤣

If you click on MagMan's link it will take you to a thread about this bag. The original post on that thread was posted by a sponser. Try to pm him and maybe he is affiliated with the company and can at least let you know when they may have more in stock.
Trhall... I haven't ever got a like "with love" before. Interesting 🤣🤣🤣
Ha, ha. Sorry to hurt your feelings but that was for the bag. I love that bag! I have the LRO wedge also but this bag is about 100 times lighter and works very well for me in the field.

I've been shooting long range and extra long range using a tripod with the pig saddle and a ballhead. It works out well and is definitely very solid especially sitting and extended the legs out wide. I typically take this tripod to my hunting locations which are usually under a 3 mile hike. I'm going to be doing a backcountry hunt this year and I am not going to have enough room in my pack for my big tripod so I'm reverting back to my evolution bipod which is a great solid setup. I'd like to pick up a good bag that would work well for field applications. I'd like to keep it as light as possible but also act as the one bag for every role whether I'm hunting or at the range. Any suggestions? I was looking at the LRO hunter's wedge which I like but it looks to be setup for the typical angled hunting stock. I'm running a Manners EH1 which has a very lazy angle on the bottom of the butt stock. Hoping to get some good suggestions!
The LRO hunter's wedge pad works very well with a EH1. That is what I have and the wedge pad is great. They also have a smaller version of the wedge pad.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.