Need help with lower rings.

joseph

I have a 10-40x 50mm with a 30 mm tube scope mounted on my rifle. I pre-ordered a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 mm scope which should be about the same size as the one on the rifle now. The rings are very high and I would like to get Burris 30mm Signature Zee rings for the new scope. It looks like if the Burris rings measure 1/2" from the top of the Picatinney rail to the bottom of the inside of the ring it should work about right. This would lower the new scope a 1/2". Could anyone tell me if Burris makes one that is 1/2" high? All I can find out is Burris says they are high or medium or low. The pictures I see of the mediums must be the low ones. I do want Butler creek pop open lens caps to fit also. I also want the plastic inserts to be able to cant the scope if needed for longer ranges. I am told that 65 MOA should get me out to 1000 yds. without cant with the new scope.

Does anyone have one that they could measure for me.

Thanks,

joseph

Burris doesn't make low signature rings. The mediums on my rifle measure .25" from top of the rail to bottom of the scope tube. The high rings are .120" taller. The extra-highs are .5" taller than the mediums I believe.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.