Need Help with Custom Rifle

Bang4theBuck

I have a custom switch barrel rifle being built right now, and the chassis that I picked up takes what I call super magnum magazines (3.850" long) and the follower/feed lips is set up for 300 Win Mag. The switch barrel action is a long action, and I intend to set it up to shoot 6mm creedmoor and 300 Win mag. So, I need to alter a long action magazine to feed the 6mm CM rounds (~.473). Am I taking on a difficult or impossible task, or is it fairly simple, and without high potential for failure. I intend to use Accurate magazines, as they are recommended by the chassis manufacturer. Can you change the follower in the accurate magazines? Will I need to? How hard is it to manipulate the feed lips on an Accurate magazine? Thanks for the help.

yup different bolt faces!!! so either two bolts or change when you change barrels. why not just get 6cm mags and 300 mags and not worry??

I have two bolt already. 6CM is a short action cartridge that is the same basic diameter as a 30-06 , which is a long action cartridge and that is why I am trying to make the oversized (length) 300 Win magazine work with a 30-06 diameter cartridge.

Sounds like you have the bolts covered. I would suggest you use two magazines, if you're going that route.
Depending on one mag to function with your different cartridges will be a headache. Getting your mag to feed both flawlessly on one lip diameter probably wouldn't work well. Depending on your reamer specs, you're going to have a lot of OAL differences. I assume you've given this a lot of thought, so you might make it work. Good luck, I hope it is successful

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.