Need help with badger rings and diavary victory scope 34mm tube

300rum

Hi,
I start his post in behalf of my friend, hoping somebody from this forum can help us.
My friend got a brand new scope Diavary Victory 6-24x74mm with 34mm tube, but he received without the original rings.
He install the scope with Badger rings on sendero 300ultra mag rifle.
after 20shots the scope moved bach almost 1inch leaving scratches on scope tube.
Did he did someting wrong, because of scope movement...
or what we had to do to fix the scope properly.
Any advice please...
Thank you
Chris

Were the screws tight enough? did he fix the screws with loctite or something simlar?? they may get loose in a 300 rum.

You could also bed the scope/ring area.-

You will get manny different answers, but the best way to keep a scope from moving in the rings that I have found is powdered rosin.If the ring screws are torqued even and tight and the scope moved, then a little powdered rosin in side both top and bottom halves of the rings will do the trick........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi alg,

He follow the Diavary instructions, tightened the screw with the L screwdriver, but he is afreid of making dent or deforming the scope tube if he use more force for screws.

He paid 4500 CAD for the scope and are a lot of money, plus almost 2 mo of waiting for the factory to send the scope over ocean to him.

Chris

Hi jwp475,

No he never used a loctite solution for screws, or similar else...
Just plain screws...
But it is very interesting because he got befor another scope Zeiss on the same rifle, with Leupold Rings, and he never had a problem. The same procedure and no solution to block the screws to move.

What can be so different on DIavary scope? The weight of this scope??????

Thnks
Chris

[ QUOTE ]
Hi jwp475,

No he never used a loctite solution for screws, or similar else...
Just plain screws...
But it is very interesting because he got befor another scope Zeiss on the same rifle, with Leupold Rings, and he never had a problem. The same procedure and no solution to block the screws to move.

What can be so different on DIavary scope? The weight of this scope??????

Thnks
Chris [/quote/]

The heavier the scope the harder to hold in place........

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.