Needs to have
-at least 4x low end
-would like ffp(if possible) and I would like adjustable turrets
-not illuminated
-good lo retical (mil,xclr,moar ,ect
-50mil obj lense
Accurate adjustments
And great light transmission and optical quality
I have been looking at vortex hst and millet tactical)

Under 800$ or so
Thank you

Vortex PST, HS, or HS-T. Should have something there to fill your needs. My son has a Burris ATAC or MTAC, can't remember. I'm very impressed with it. It's a 4.5-14. Has a ballistic plex in it. They have a new line called the Veracity that received a good review in the one mag I read. Can't go wrong with Nikon. Love mine. I own at least one of the mentioned brands. All have there good points and bad.

You can pick up a used Leupold 4.5-14x50 or maybe even in a MK IV for about 800.00 or so which would fit your bill to a T. I have two of the VX3 tactical 4-14x50's and they have both been flawless in their operation for many years.

Check the classifieds here at LRH, you can often find very good deals on scopes there.

I'm in the same boat. :rolleyes:

What about this one?

Weaver 3-15x50 30mm Tactical Riflescopes FREE S&H 800363, 800382. Weaver Rifle Scopes.

Weaver Tactical 3-15x50mm - Sniper Central

Supposedly Vortex are made by the Chicoms while Weaver is made in Japan. Not that it matters a great deal, but I do try to buy American or at least from a non-commie nation if possible.

Only vortex low end is made in China so the crossfires. The viper series is made in the Philippines and Japan depending on model mostly the Philippines however. The razor series is made in Japan for sure. I have a pst I can't remember where though I think the phillippines but it might be Japan.

Only vortex low end is made in China so the crossfires. The viper series is made in the Philippines and Japan depending on model mostly the Philippines however. The razor series is made in Japan for sure. I have a pst I can't remember where though I think the phillippines but it might be Japan.

Don't care where they come from. Good optics and for the money, vortex low end is what I can afford. My brother is going to give redfield a go. So we'll see how that works out.

Don't care where they come from. Good optics and for the money, vortex low end is what I can afford. My brother is going to give redfield a go. So we'll see how that works out.

It's not as much low end as I meant entry level but they are good scopes all the way

If you don't mind mils as your unit of adjustment take a look at a SWFA as 3.5-15 first focal plain scope . I am very pleased with one I recently purchased. It is made in Japan with all warrenty issues handled in Texas! The thing tracks beautifully making a box test a walk in the park, not to say others will not but few will do it reliably for $699.

Needs to have
-at least 4x low end
-would like ffp(if possible) and I would like adjustable turrets
-not illuminated
-good lo retical (mil,xclr,moar ,ect
-50mil obj lense
Accurate adjustments
And great light transmission and optical quality
I have been looking at vortex hst and millet tactical)

Under 800$ or so

The Burris Veracity 4 x 20 x 50 meets all your wants.
4 x
FFP
not illuminated
MOA retical
50mm obj.
great glass
around $700

I have one and could not be happier with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.