Need help with 6.5 Creed Load Data with RL17 and 140-156 class projos

image.jpg
I have used RL 17 and 140 grain Hornady bullets ELDM and currently Match BTHP I just can't find the eldm data at the moment The BTHP load I recently worked up with Starline SRP CCI450 41.1 grains RL 17 gave an SD of 3 and ED of 8 in my rifle ans it shoots pretty good That's a five shot groupthink hole above is another group the five shots are nearly all touching

View attachment 315810I have used RL 17 and 140 grain Hornady bullets ELDM and currently Match BTHP I just can't find the eldm data at the moment The BTHP load I recently worked up with Starline SRP CCI450 41.1 grains RL 17 gave an SD of 3 and ED of 8 in my rifle ans it shoots pretty good That's a five shot groupthink hole above is another group the five shots are nearly all touching
That's a good group, maybe just a little more work and it can become even better, assuming its at 100 yds. that is

You caught me at a good time. I was just forwarding some data to another member.

Attachments

• 6.5 CM 156 Berger EOL RL16.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 6.5 CM 153.5 Berger LR RL16.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 6.5 CM 140 Berger EH RL16.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 6.5 CM 145 Barnes MB RL16.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 6.5 CM 140 ELDM RL16.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 70
Thanks Do you have any suggestions?

Coret
If Your Creedmoor does not have a muzzle brake, then that's to be contended with by a more consistently strong hold.
As you might already know stress on the gun can take away from accuracy. Uniform approach to your gun whereby not to change a previous POA is critical. My 6.5 is a Ruger Hawkeye LR Target, it groups less than 3/8 th. " @ 100 . I can't say anything as to your load or your loading procedure or your gun but assuming all are good, Load as long as possible, to short can hold accuracy at bay if it needs to be way out. I turn all necks, weight sort cases, FL resize and bump very little, do not tumble clean (clean only necks and shoulders on the outside) clean primer pockets every time and debur flash holes once, reduce bullet run out to < .001" I hope something here helps you get that bug hole accuracy you want. It is my pleasure to assist.

Attached is QL data for the bullets you mentioned. Proceed at your own risk.
Jon,

It just came to me that my "old-timers" kicked in and I did not tell you what brass I am using. Your QL program accounts for this correct? If so I am using Lapua SRP. Obviously my case capacity is less than Hornady brass. How expensive is the QL program, and where can I get it.? If you get a moment today or tomorrow can you run the numbers again with the Lapua srp brass with RL16 and add one projo-the 147 ELDM. Edit I also have a 28" tube.

Thank you sir!

PH

To my knowledge, QL does not account for different brass or primers. It does, however, allow for input of H2O capacity. if you shoot me that info, I'll adjust for barrel length and get you some updated data.

QL is $152.95 plus S&H. Their website is https://www.neconos.com/quickload-ballistic-prediction-software/. It's nice to have if you load for a bunch of calibers and wildcats like I do.

To my knowledge, QL does not account for different brass or primers. It does, however, allow for input of H2O capacity. if you shoot me that info, I'll adjust for barrel length and get you some updated data.

QL is $152.95 plus S&H. Their website is https://www.neconos.com/quickload-ballistic-prediction-software/. It's nice to have if you load for a bunch of calibers and wildcats like I do.
I do not have the exact data on Lapua case case capacity, other than comments from some other smart guys on here have said it is less. How much less is the question. The data you sent me is fine. I will just start low and work up like always.

Thank you very much again!

Recent Posts