Need help way way over pressure on near minimum powder

I live out by the White Tank mountain area in the west valley if you are in AZ. I can help with some basic inspections, have Cerrosafe, micrometers and a lot of experience on 7 mags. Would be willing to take a look at it if it's convenient for you. Something is way off somewhere. Don't trust those calipers in the bore to get an accurate measurement, just rough numbers.
Good deal I'm in Peoria ill see what I can come up with and meet up if possible

Does factory ammo show signs of high pressure? If it does, return rifle for repair.

There is a wide ranger of H-1000 powder charges. 175 gr bullets. From 50.6 grains to 72.0 grains. Tight bores, brass capacity , and bullet types, all make a difference in pressure.

Does factory ammo show signs of high pressure? If it does, return rifle for repair.

There is a wide ranger of H-1000 powder charges. 175 gr bullets. From 50.6 grains to 72.0 grains. Tight bores, brass capacity , and bullet types, all make a difference in pressure.
Factory federal winchester and Remington in 150gr bullets no
With hornady precision hunter 162gr it has a bolt I can lift standing over it pulling hard muzzle velocities are 3125 to 3200fps

Factory loaded hormady precision hunter ELDX 162 grains were way over pressure as well extreme extreme bolt lift They were 150 to 200' fps faster than my loads so I accounted it to my gun did not like that cartridge from the factory I do not see any of these signs with factory loaded Winchester super X Remington core locked or federal in the 150 grain bullets

After reading more. All factory ammo should work.

So it sounds like you're on the lands which is a high pressure condition. I think I'm one of the few that uses the old "black pen to see if you're on the lands method." I've even heard of guys "deriving" the distance off the lands, from another bullet type. No thanks. The reason why I machined for over 30 years and still have all of my fingers or used lasers for the same time with no eye burns, is that that I keep it simple for safety's sake. Good luck with finding your issue.

Factory federal winchester and Remington in 150gr bullets no
With hornady precision hunter 162gr it has a bolt I can lift standing over it pulling hard muzzle velocities are 3125 to 3200fps
Yeah, that is FAST for that cartridge design. I measure primer pockets a lot with gage pins and my Nosler brass went bye bye real quick with 2920 fps loads with 175 Noslers or 180 bergers. It was powder and tight necks primarily. H1000 powder may be the lead suspect or its a bad lot for what speeds and weight powder you've been throwing. At least question that. Then do look at everything else before shooting new powder. I have some powders you can try some simple lower pressure ladder loads that are slower burn rates than H1000. I also have a Labradar we can shoot over.

Yeah, that is FAST for that cartridge design. I measure primer pockets a lot with gage pins and my Nosler brass went bye bye real quick with 2920 fps loads with 175 Noslers or 180 bergers. It was powder and tight necks primarily. H1000 powder may be the lead suspect or its a bad lot for what speeds and weight powder you've been throwing. At least question that. Then do look at everything else before shooting new powder. I have some powders you can try some simple lower pressure ladder loads that are slower burn rates than H1000. I also have a Labradar we can shoot over.

I am quick to not condemn the h1000 because I am seeing pressure issues with imr7828 mild extractor Mark's at 63.5 grains and significant at 65 which is max safe load data... and the hornady precision hunter factory loads expected to be at 2975fps with a 24" barrel!!! Its far far exceeding this and very unsafe pressure signs in a factory gun... I'm heavily leaning towards the gun has manufacturing problems

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.