Need help to decided on ar 15 caliber

I had a 6.5 Grendel at one time. Just trying to figure out if I want to go down the same route. Give me the pro and cons of the 6.8.
I don't think anyone answered this question. Biggest pro in favor of the 6.8 is bolt life. Research AR15 performance and look at the 6.8 forum. eye opening and interesting. I have one of their 3r barrels in 6.8.

To be honest, I have;
3- 6.5 Grendel's (had 5 at one time)
3- 7.62x39 (had 4 different ones over the years)
1- 6MMS ARC
1- 5.56 (can't even begin to tell you how many over the years)
1- 300BO (had 2 more but gave them to son-in-laws)
3- 6.8 but they are all gone (gave them to my son-in-laws)

So far...zero broken bolts.
My next range trip I will most likely break one, but to date none!

I dont do any high rate of fire, but I do shoot them a lot...A LOT! When I go to range I will have two AR's with me. When reloading supplies were more stable, I used the go once a week. I've cut back to once a month.

Hunt nearly exclusively with my 7.62x39 AR and my wife hunts with a 6.5 Grendel about 50% of the time.

I feel the bolt issue was poor design, I know both the 7.62x39 and 6.5 Grendel had bolt issues early in their inception, but I'm pretty sure it not very common any more.

I shoot the 90gr GD and it is deadly. 18" ARP.

Even my ex-jarhead buddy that shoots LaRue rigs for the DOD loved the rig.

that they are, i took an 8 pointer with a 90gr GD, he only ran 5 yards but no blood trail.

my 110gr accubond load, well the only one i had run left a blood trail Ray Charles coulda followed

300 HAM'R from Wilson Combat. .223 bolt, superb groups, super lightweight. This is the answer to nearly every 15 platform question :cool:

I've killed plenty of hogs with a 22wm, so if caliber or cartridge is in question.... don't question it! 300 ultimate hog hunter is just marketing plain and simple! Using the old 5.56 55gr fmj for more ammo without reloading is my 2nd option. In an AR-15 I have 5.56, 6.5gren, 6.8spc and 300bo and 1 us just as good as the other within 300 yards. Shooting farther the 300bo with less than a 16" barrel and 150gr bullets, 1 of the first 3 might be a better choice. All if the dead piggies died from a fmj. I do live my 26cal (6.5 Gren, 6.5CM, 260Rem and 264wm), but favor the 6.8spc2 in an AR-15.

First off I don't hog hunt, so take this with a grain of salt. But I do hunt Elk and Deer and elk are tough critters. And if you want to stay at the ar 15 level and not step up to a large frame AR then these are my thoughts.

I've killed multiple elk from 60-200 yards with my 458 socom, it's a good heavy hitter short range (0-250.. maybe 300 yards with correct load to get good bullet expansion) round especially with the great bullets available for it ( if you reload and even if you don't there are some great d
factory loads out there) Barnes makes a 300 gr ttsx just for it that works wonderfully and all the 45/70 bullets work great for it. If you don't reload the 450 bushmaster has cheaper ammo available for it.