Need help spitfire or pm-4

SOUTHPAWSHOOTER10

Looking to buy my first e-caller and can't make up my mind because no one around here has them in stock where you can listen to them and compare. Foxpro definitely has their fans and johnny stewart has been around a loooong time. I am not going to spend 3 to 6 hundred dollars on one so please don't try to turn me in that direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i have made plenty of bad decisions on my own, at least this way i can share the blame. Lol.

My first Electronic call was a Spitfire and I really liked it,well worth the money. Easy to use and good battery life and decent volume.
I did however sell it but only because I wanted more volume for the open desert country I hunt when I go to Nevada.
Spitfire is a good economical call and will work.

What is it you like better about the spitfire. Is it the remote, the availability of sounds, or does it sound better. I had the opportunity today to hunt with a fellow who had a spitfire and i can see why some people say they aren't loud enough as we had a gusty 10-15 mph wind and i could hardy hear the call from approx 25 yards away, though i am somewhat deaf from shooting handguns in my younger years. Lol. Though honestly at the end of the day when the wind had calmed down it sounded great. And it probably carries it's sound better than i think it does.

You may check out the Flextone Echo caller as well. It seems to be a new product on the market so not a lot of info is out there, but what info I have found generally claims that it is a lot of bang for the buck.

I, like you, was looking for my first e-caller and didn't want to spend a fortune so I ordered the Echo caller last night. I'll have to see if it lives up what others have been saying about it.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.