Need help Rem 722 Extractor Replacement

M1A1ABRAMS

From my limited understanding these are Riveted in with 2 rivets. I have purchased two extractors. Just in case one breaks. But I can't seem to locate any rivets. Can the old ones be reused ? It seems to me the answer would be no. But I am not sure how they work. I am assuming like the old brake shoes on a big truck. And how do they install ? Is there a specialty tool needed ? I am going to take this to a local gunsmith once parts arrive. But I want to be sure to have all the parts needed before doing so. Any help is greatly appreciated. This is a 222 Rem Mag. I am not sure the original is broke. But may be once the cartridge is removed from the bolt. If it doesn't I will have 2 extra extractors & still have a need for rivets I assume.

721/722 extractors aren't riveted. Did you get actual 722 extractors? They aren't the same as a 700.

721/722 extractors aren't riveted. Did you get actual 722 extractors? They aren't the same as a 700.
Yes for 222 & 222 Rem Mag. After looking at Numerich gun parts they appear to be correct. And after giving this more thought on my part. I assume the ends slide over the rivets.

That looks like the correct one. They just snap into place, no rivets.
Yeah after looking at a different bolt in a older 700. I see what is considered the rivet. The holes in the extractor snap over the rivets. My guess would be if you would happen to have a rivet problem then you would need to go with the Sako or M16 extractor ? Thanks for your help & confirmation on the part.

Last edited: