Need help reloading

If you find an excellent load at 100, I find it helpful to fine tune with .03 seating depth at 200 if conditions allow. This seems to track better at distance for me. You can also tune a given velocity this way but with that scale I would find the powder node first. Also, because you're groups were decent with the v3 strapped to it, it's a sure sign you will find the right harmonics with that bullet with seating

If you find an excellent load at 100, I find it helpful to fine tune with .03 seating depth at 200 if conditions allow. This seems to track better at distance for me. You can also tune a given velocity this way but with that scale I would find the powder node first. Also, because you're groups were decent with the v3 strapped to it, it's a sure sign you will find the right harmonics with that bullet with seating
Yes I also think I need to change bullets because the Berger 95 gr vld hunter when checking jam length with a hornady COAL and comparator set the bullet was maybe only seated .100 in the case so I had to seat the bullet around .160 off the lands to get the bullet inside the case enough cause from what I read you want at lease the diameter of the bullet inside the case neck when seating bullets. Hopefully I explained that correctly. So I have some Berger 105 and Barnes match burner 112 I also am going to try next. Which are longer bullets so I should be able to ply with seating depth a little more.

I wouldn't be afraid to stay with the 95's if that's what you want to shoot. They will tune. I would force whatever bullet that suits your desired bullet performance to shoot. It's really about finding the barrel harmonic. Others on here will have a better idea of performance. I have had more copper fowling with Barnes but that may have been fixed since I shot them. That's also something other members would have better knowledge

I wouldn't be afraid to stay with the 95's if that's what you want to shoot. They will tune. I would force whatever bullet that suits your desired bullet performance to shoot. It's really about finding the barrel harmonic. Others on here will have a better idea of performance. I have had more copper fowling with Barnes but that may have been fixed since I shot them. That's also something other members would have better knowledge
I'm not really dead set on anything if I can get the 105's or 112's to shoot in the 2900-3000 FPS range I would be happy with that. I honestly was just buying whatever bullets I can fine when I bought the 6mm creedmoor and I found 300 of the 95gr and 600 off the 105 abs a 500 box of the match burners. So I'm gonna try and stick with the Heavier bullets.

That shouldnt be a problem. I havent had a chance to read thru the whole thread... Brass, Neck tension and dies would be the next thing on my list. I saw you were using already fired brass not sure if you are using new also? I might try new brass and if you havent already Id check out Erek Cortinas videos on reloading specifically Neck Tension and how to obtain proper amount, annealing etc.

That shouldnt be a problem. I havent had a chance to read thru the whole thread... Brass, Neck tension and dies would be the next thing on my list. I saw you were using already fired brass not sure if you are using new also? I might try new brass and if you havent already Id check out Erek Cortinas videos on reloading specifically Neck Tension and how to obtain proper amount, annealing etc.
Was all new starline brass on its second firing now.

Could at least save yourself some time by cutting out the tumbling and primer pocket cleaning after each firing. Might try measuring the cases after each process and make sure nothing is wonky. I had a nice carbon wrapped barrel give me some problems before and found out the chamber was cut improperly or so they said. Could have saved a lot of time and money not blaming myself for the fliers but that is the way it is...Hopefully you can get squared away...

Sorry I didn't read through all the posts and if this information has already been given. I did not see twist rates mentioned in the original post but maybe your bullet weight is to heavy or too light for the twist rate. I've got a 6mm creed I'd be more than willing to give you my load info for to give a try, I've used the loads in 3 different makes of guns and all 3 have shot them lights out. The 6.5 I'm only familiar with a savage long range Hunter a buddy had an issue with, it hated anything seated anything less than .150 off the lands and yes that's 150 thousandths. Seemed the further back we went in increments of .020 the better it got. Have you tried stepping back, have you shot a ladder test or done anything to find possible nodes?

Sorry I didn't read through all the posts and if this information has already been given. I did not see twist rates mentioned in the original post but maybe your bullet weight is to heavy or too light for the twist rate. I've got a 6mm creed I'd be more than willing to give you my load info for to give a try, I've used the loads in 3 different makes of guns and all 3 have shot them lights out. The 6.5 I'm only familiar with a savage long range Hunter a buddy had an issue with, it hated anything seated anything less than .150 off the lands and yes that's 150 thousandths. Seemed the further back we went in increments of .020 the better it got. Have you tried stepping back, have you shot a ladder test or done anything to find possible nodes?
Twist rate for the 6mm Creed is 1:7.7 and I would love for you to share your load data. Also I haven't played with seating depth to much was more playing with charge weights but I think I'm going try a few different things now with everyone's help on this forum. The 6.5 I have been loading .020 off the lands it is a savage 110 tactical so I might try playing with seating depths also.

Another thing to consider on your COAL to the lands, if your using a Hornady modified case to check your jump ect, there is a good chance that the hornady modified case is not the same length as your brass. Check your fired brass and sized brass, base to shoulder and oal compared to the modified case

Another thing to consider on your COAL to the lands, if your using a Hornady modified case to check your jump ect, there is a good chance that the hornady modified case is not the same length as your brass. Check your fired brass and sized brass, base to shoulder and oal compared to the modified case
I have its always been with in .001-.002

Recent Posts