Need help please!

huntin_fool

I am wanting to built a 260 rem to the specs that i want. How much money(ball park figure) am i looking to spend if i get a used 243 or 308 action? I mean as far as getting a good barrel, chambered for 260, and the barrel put on the action. Help please! Thanks in advance

$4-500 for an action. My gunsmith would charge you $280 for a Krieger barrel and $185 to true the action, chamber, crown, etc. He seems to be a bit cheaper than a lot of smiths, but his work is top knotch. You also better plan on $300+ for a good stock plus $100 to get it bedded. Bases are gonna run around $100 plus rings. A good scope is also a given. I always plan on spending $2500 for a build and I do some of my own work.

Alot of gunsmiths that do that sort of work have what they call a "rifle package". Prices seem to run from about $1650 to $2600 or so depending on the 'smith and your choice of componets. These "rifle packages" usually give the buyer some choice in barrels and stocks, but that "package" is a certain brand of trigger, scope mounts & rings, ect., ect. The further you deviate from the "package" the higher the cost.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.