Need help picking out first range finder @lowrest price

Does anyone know where i can get the sif kilo at a good price, open box ,demo ?

Didn't you just purchased ...

This is the one i got Reviews & Ratings for Bushnell 6x21 G Force DX 1300 ARC Rangefinder - Vertical 202460 but of ebay for 239.00$ it all i could afford andbi am pretty happy so far

???

Anyways, best price I've seen thus far for new >>> http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f40/sig-kilo-2000-new-box-420-00-shipped-171448/

Also, OpticsPlanet is currently having 10% on any $75 and above purchase.

go with the Sig (if you return your current one), they are pretty remarkable for what you pay. head over to the 'optics' classified section, there is a gentleman over there at $420, which is a awesome deal (or just click on the link Feenix provided.) :D

Bryan Litz's Modern Advancements in Long Range Shooting Volume II has a nice review of range finders. In terms of value and capability the Sig appears to be a hands down winner so there is objective data to back up the forum recommendations to save up the money to go as advised.

I really wish I could ,iam on a fixed income so that's what puts it out of my reach,thank though I ve read reviews and if I could I would love to get it.

You probably aren't going to find something noticeably better with the same features at the same price point. You are going to have to sacrifice something somewhere, whether it be washed out display on the current one, good display but shorter range on one at the same price point, or sacrifice more cash to get one that does it all. Ultimately that decision is yours to make, we can only advise you based on what we have experienced by facing the same decisions in the past, because we have all been where you are now; trying to find the best equipment for the task without taking out a second mortgage. All I can say is it didn't work well for me the first time around and if the Sig Kilo had existed when I bought my vectronix then I wouldn't own a vectronix.

Let me try ams explain it another way ,I ve had a cheap redfield 3x9 on clearance from Kmart and I knew I needed better glass but I couldn't afford so for 23+years i used it and I finally broke down
And put a Vortex diamond back HP 4x16 with bdc I put it on layaway and i paid as I could,my sons surprised me and paid it off for my 48th birthday iam very happy with it but I've had some many people tell me i should have everything skipped that scope altogether and went for the viper series,iam happy with it a couple weeks ago my youngest son and I went to the range and sightes in the scope and we were popping the rams at 550 yards and we were happy we could see that far a d see holes in the target with the scope so we knew how to make adjustments,we never could before ,anyhow what I want and what I can afford are two totally different animals especially since my rxs and Dr appointments take 3/4 of my income.

I wasn't trying to talk you into buying anything or asking for an explanation, just saying that if that is your price range then you may have the best option already in hand, and there is nothing wrong with that. I was simply stating that better optical clarity PLUS the features your current rangefinder has will probably cost more money. You asked for our opinion of the best low cost option and we gave it to you. Nobody is trying to beat you up for not doing what we suggested, we are just sharing our opinions.

Anyone played with the Sig Kilo 850? Won't range to 1000 but will cover out to 600 on game animals and a bit further on things like trees. (just from reading.)

Any thoughts?

If it's anything like my RX1000 and you plan on shooting groundhogs, prairie dogs, etc you should plan on an effective range of about 350yds on flat ground on sunny days and maybe 450yds if it's overcast on groundhog sized targets.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.