Need help on Mueller APT turret settings

This is the first rifle scope that I have set up, and I have a question on the process. It is mounted on my new Rem 700 308 and a 20 moa base. I went to the range and was shooting at 100 yards. I eventually shot the following group, so I was pretty excited.

I went home and loosened the screw holding the turret, and reset it to zero on the elevation and windage. In the picture, you can see that the inner indicator for the elevation turret is on 2. On the windage, it is set to 6.

Is the inner indicator on the turret supposed to be at zero, just like the outer turret? After looking at it, I am not sure if I needed to crank the turrets all the way so that the inner indicator was on 0 before starting to zero?

Put another way, when this scope is zeroed, should the inner and out measurements be on 0?

Hopefully the picture does a better job of explaining than I am.

Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_6634s.jpg
    IMG_6634s.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_6632s.jpg
    IMG_6632s.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 140
The inner numbers are just a reference to show you what revolution your elevation or windage is at, your zero should be when the knob shows zero and you are at the conrrect rotation of the turret, in your case 2 and 6.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.